My Greyhound Just Ate 1 Hershey Kiss-Do I Need To Take Her To The Vet

I wouldn’t bother. My guys have eaten much more than that without problems.

This shows what a dog can safely eat

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Watch for the foil wrapper though. It's possible - though unlikely - to cause a blockage. If she begins vomiting or hasn't pooped in a while (like more than a day) I would go to the vet. This *probably* won't happen though.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

What color wrapper? Brace yourself: red foil in output is alarming.

Don't ask me how I know.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

It happens...Marvin downed a full bag of Dove dark chocolates, and a ton of other chocolates after he jumped a gate (never before, never since) and got into what we thought was a secure stash. We ended up giving him peroxide to get it all back the minute we returned home just to be safe, but one kiss in a greyhound should be ok. You'll see the foil tomorrow...

This will gross you out. Back in the late 80's we had our first girl greyhound. She was a wild girl. Very cat like. Very much a tomboy and independent. She hunted everything.

But never left home. She was so awesome. This was before there was the internet in our area.We got her for free. They did not give much information back then. Just a few handwritten note scratches.

We were walking along the wooded trail and my husband looked at her butt and something was coming out of it. This is crazy. It was the end of a small hemp rope. No idea where it came from. She was trying to go, so he said he just had to do what he had to do. He pulled it out and it was about six inches long. She made one sound like whooooooo and it was over. No problems ever with her butt. We missed a bullet on that one for sure. But a little chocolate

probably did not hurt, not like that rope anyway. Look for strange sounds when it comes out. :hehe:fart to follow.

Thank you so much for your replies. I think I have a little thief on my hands. No wonder she came out of our prison program!

How did she ever get parole? :lol She'll be fine!

There are multiple threads here about the adventures of Paddy Mayhem's ingestions and subsequent, ahem, colorful poops. The boy ate every color of basket muzzle until deciding that turquoise was his color. Just wish I'd discovered that about six colors earlier, sigh.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thirteen chocolate cupcakes, not frosted. After the vet stopped laughing, he said it should be fine. He did ask if they were in those foil cups, but I had run out of them so they were just in the paper ones.

Edited by boopieface

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Our Standard Poodle is in love with anything paper. Over a few hours she ate the better part of Southern Living Mag. I guess she thought the turkey dinner on the cover was tasty, She pooed confetti all over the neighborhood. You should see what a Dalmatian and a Springer can do with a 10# bag of birdseed.

There is really not much chocolate in a Hershey's kiss.

A greyhound size dog could probably eat the whole bag and not get sick. It's a specific ingredient in chocolate that makes dogs sick, and it's found in higher concentrations in stuff like baking chocolate. Things like "chocolate" cookies have virtually zero actual chocolate. Most of our "chocolate" covered items like ice cream bars are actually "chocolatey flavored" or such.

I would encourage you to buy a book on canine first aid and read it. Lots of valuable information and you could put an end to needless worry if you had some facts on hand!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

She has been having normal poops so we are good.

I had a wired hair fox terrier who was part goat. Paper, tissues, balloons, makeup sponge, cotton foot let socks are some of the things she would eat. I always said if you are missing anything look in the dog run.