Aiden: The Toe Is G O N E

Happy to hear that Aiden is healing well. I see he is wearing the standard IV bag wellington boot when outdoors! :laughitup

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to hear that Aiden is healing well. I see he is wearing the standard IV bag wellington boot when outdoors! :laughitup

:lol Yep!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Aiden! :beatheart You are very hampsum! Best wishes for a speedy recobbery!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Good update!

I propose a new nickname - Aiden 1-5! :lol

:lol He's ok with that!

Our 15 toe boy is doing great. The incision looks really good, is healing well, there is just a bit of a bandage irritation on the knuckle of the toe next to the ghost toe, but all-in-all our doc is pleased. We return next week for suture removal and new wrappings. :thumbs-up Aiden is such a gift: he skipped into clinic, schmoozed with everyone, after his exam he wagged at the vet when she took him back for bandaging, skipped into the reception area behind the desk to see if the girls had any treats. Our vet said she had to wake him up when she was done bandaging him :rofl Aiden 1-5! I love this dog.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I had a patient at Rancho Los Amigos. He had accidentally cut his ankle on a metal milk crate {NOT GOOD} THEN while they were working on him, they knocked over one of those big rolling carts {craftsman tool type, used for crash carts etc} and lost a toe. We then got him at Rancho with a "healing" cast on. This poor guy had been in serious pain from the start. He was seen in our Thursday out pt clinic and the Chief of Staff had me take off the cast as the residents all headed off to do rounds. WELL when I got that cast off {too thick for the cast shears and too wet and soft for the cast saw.} I paged the chief and told him SOMEBODY needed to back to the clinic. I NEVER met a HAPPIER person have a below knee amputation in my life. He woke up and was so happy the PAIN was gone.

Your pup may not be able to verbalize happy, but he will be

Aiden 1-5 - how is the suture removal?

Good progress. The majority of the sutures were removed and Aiden 1-5 is now sporting a bandage that matches his brindles: orange and brown stripes. We'll go back next week and hopefully that will be it.

We are soo over this toe :french Thank you for asking about my young man!

Glad Aiden is healing well. Orange and brown stripes, cool! We haven't seen that color combo -- works for Halloween month too! :)

Our nearly 15 year young broodie has been minus an outside digit (left front, from an untreatable diagnosis) for several years. Surgeon did a great job removing the digit high enough so it wouldn't touch/rub the ground when walking. She's still doing well during walks, front leg lifts, etc. She's a tad more sensitive on that paw (phantom nerves) but is so much better than before.

Positive thoughts for Aiden's quick recovery. :beatheart

Good progress. The majority of the sutures were removed and Aiden 1-5 is now sporting a bandage that matches his brindles: orange and brown stripes. We'll go back next week and hopefully that will be it.

We are soo over this toe :french Thank you for asking about my young man!

Ahem-- :rules:digicam

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Ahem-- :rules:digicam

:lol But of course :blush

With Trevor

10-18-16%202_zpstynjwpom.jpg

10-18-16%201_zps7mfzhprz.jpg

Momma, eye haz a sad

10-18-16%201%20wrap_zps1rqhvf0b.jpg

Stripey bandage :(

10-18-16%20wrap%202_zpsgomrh8u0.jpg

Aww, what a cutie! And a perfect bandage! :beatheart

A tigger bandage for a tigger dog!

Aiden's surgery is now in three sleeps, which is how I've been explaining to him what's going to happen.

But these are human sleeps. For a greyhound, the same time span would be approximately thirtylebben sleeps.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter