Murray Has A Brain Tumor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

Murray my Man , when I first saw the Title ,my Heart was already on the Floor . You can't scare me like that. I adore you to much. Your mom will take good care of you and please have fun in Dewey . We want to see lots of Pics.

My heart sank when I saw this, so relieved that Murray has chosen to fight and big hugs to all of you, such an emotional roller coaster ride, enjoy Dewey!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I had no idea Murray was going thru this. He is one of my favorite boys on this site. He is so blessed to have you and your husband. I hope he has many, many more months, no years filled with trips and all the good stuff life brings him. So glad you have your boy back and the treatment brought him such relief.

What an amazing ride you've had! So glad that there was such awesome technology to help and thank goodness for insurance. Please bring Murray by the church so I can give him scritchies and lovings.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Murray had a wonderful day resting on the sand in Dewey Beach. He was even able to climb up the stairs up to our beach house, something he could not do in July at Grapehounds. We are so thankful to have him here at the beach this year. I know many of you understand.

21872248749_41b22e6ef4_z_d.jpg

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Murray :wub: :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:beatheart Murray! :beatheart So great to hear this!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Murray had a wonderful day resting on the sand in Dewey Beach. He was even able to climb up the stairs up to our beach house, something he could not do in July at Grapehounds. We are so thankful to have him here at the beach this year. I know many of you understand.

21872248749_41b22e6ef4_z_d.jpg

I do understand! Wishing you a wonderful time at Dewey. Praying you have a lot of time to share ahead of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

So glad Murray is doing well and enjoying the beach. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Holy Heyzeus, just seeing this! (It has been an eventful winter/spring/summer here, and I haven't gotten to GT often.) I'm so very glad, in the end, that it has turned out so well!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Big hugs to that sweet face!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

• 4 weeks later...

After reading your post on IG, I came looking here for details because I couldn't get you and Murray out of my mind. I know you're enjoying every moment with your handsome boy and we're all sending Murray good, healing energy.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Trupanion. I've had it for a few years for both my boys and I've yet to use it. I cringe at paying the premium every month, but I keep it for exactly what you just described. I won't cringe anymore when I write the check; I'll just pray I never need to use it.

Thanks for checking in, Lori. :)

Murray had his one month follow up appointment with the radiation oncologist on Wednesday this week. Murray was 52 pounds at the last radiation treatment (He raced at 68.). He weighed 58 pounds on Wednesday, so that's great news. He looks good at about 63 pounds, so he is getting closer to his fighting weight. He seemed amazing to the vet. She felt that he was SO much brighter than he was one month ago. To me he still seems a bit flat. The vet said it's like when you try to see if you're losing weight and you look at yourself in the mirror everyday. You can't see progress that way. I told her that Murray wasn't all the way back yet. She said slow growing tumors like Murray's tend to shrink slower, so we probably need more time to see maximum tumor shrinkage. It's hard also hard to separate his flatness from the impact of the prednisone, the brain tumor itself, and his advanced age (12). She agreed that all of these things may be contributing to his lack of coming all the way back. He is definitely better from the start of September. Dramatically better, so that's good.

So we will go back to see her again in January to see how much more progress has been made. Murray also has about six more weeks of prednisone then he is done with that drug. If he's not doing better in January, she said there are other drugs he can go on. So that's where we are. It's a slow process, but I'm still optimistic and glad we pursued the cyber knife treatment.

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan