Our Many Faces Of Osteo And Canine Cancer

rycezmom

post-10392-0-51631700-1440902969_thumb.jpg

As many of you know, the Miss Nellie Auction is right around the corner. As October and the auction approach, I find myself thinking about the hounds I've lost to Osteo over the years and reflecting on the many advances that have been made and those to come through continued research that will surely improve the treatment for the carcinomas that affect our beloved hounds.

Greytalk has always been a family, lovingly held together by our collective love of the breed and the friends we have made here as well as the hounds we have known and grown to love. It is a place for sharing ourselves, our hounds, information and caring for one another with love, joy, sadness and laughter. As a group, when a hound is lost to one of us, it is lost to all of us. I think there are very few in this Greytalk family who have not been affected by Osteosarcoma or one of the cancers that steal our hounds.

Please join Hope for Hounds in the Miss Nellie Auction this year and please share your faces of osteo and canine cancers as we remember those lost to us and those fighting now.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

We have lost two to osteo, Jamey in 2011 after an amputation and 27 month fight. We lost Master in June 2015, only 2 days after diagnosis due to a broken neck of the femur due to osteo.

Our remembrances of them- Master at the top, Jamey at the bottom

Master%20and%20Jamey%20collars_zpswucgl4

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G) I miss my big man every day even though he is always here with me in every corner of my home, my world, my heart and my soul.

post-10392-0-23088000-1440905556_thumb.jpg

Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Our VooDoo (TNJ VooDoo) lost after a 9 month battle with osteo in Oct 2011

EFVooDoo18.jpg

And Cash (GSI Payncash) lost this past May to liver cancer

Cash162.jpg

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

My Charlie after 21mths post amp.

DSC_0090.jpg

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Miss Rose (Don't Roses Bloom) was with us for such a short time. She was a senior returned to our group with a lot of different medical problems. She had a tumor in her lung. Gustopher P absolutely adored her and acted as her protector, even though she needed no protection, and was ALWAYS at her side. She was such a sweet little old lady

post-10392-0-57272300-1440947405_thumb.jpg

Edited by rycezmom

Breyannaandherbestfriend.jpg

Nita, broke her leg, had surgery and didn't survive the operation. Ten year's old and our grand daughter's best friend.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We lost Kenzie to Mast Cell Cancer last October.

r94wnp.jpg

And we lost Badger to t-cell lymphoma earlier in 2014.

2w5pn36.jpg

I will be bidding early, often, and high during the auction in their honor.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I lost all three of my greyhounds to osteo; Loca, Phoenix and Treasure.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

We have lost two to osteo, Jamey in 2011 after an amputation and 27 month fight. We lost Master in June 2015, only 2 days after diagnosis due to a broken neck of the femur due to osteo.

Our remembrances of them- Master at the top, Jamey at the bottom

Master%20and%20Jamey%20collars_zpswucgl4

Beautiful frames Tin. :heart

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

our first greyhound, lacey, who we adopted at 9 years. we lost her to osteo in the pelvic bone.

LaceyDoug.jpg

our precious patsy, our angel dog, who we lost to lymphoma at only 6 years old

PatPJears.jpg

queen winnifred grace, who actually beat the monster. 3 1/2 years post amp as a brave and stubborn tripod, we lost her to kidney failure 2 weeks shy of her 12th birthday.

Winnieinthegrass.jpg

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Lost back October 2012, our dear FedX after an almost two year comfortable time of palliative care with osteo. A true hero who never wanted to give up.

Edited by snakes

Miz Foxy - I'ma Foxy Dawg has been gone for 8 years, but her legacy lives on. Foxy was the driving force behind Hope for Hounds. My promise to her was to never give up helping to find a cure. So, every year I drive everyone crazy to help put on the Miss Nellie Auction. One day Foxy, one day we will win!

1838581.jpg100_0428.jpg

motivatorb7cb49e0b97599c4d403fd639c.jpg

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Nadia (aka Her Grace, the Duchess of Blackwood) - lost to intestinal cancer in June, 2012

16689256650_6a548af77d_b.jpg

The ever beloved Duchess of Blackwood. Marc, you have always known how the Miami Hound House has cherished Her Grace......I will always maintain that Gustopher P is sitting at her knee, adoring her.

My beautifully delicious magnolia Miss Isabella (Kiowa Cee Carol), the thug of the Miami Hound House and the bestie of Gustopher P Jones. Her tiny 48 lbs of punk was forever pushing the other hounds around. Her more common household name was Isabellaknockitoff... I do so miss her tiny little self. Lost to osteo.

post-10392-0-38431500-1441722042_thumb.jpg

Edited by rycezmom