Ishmael - Miss Sadi And Johnny's Deerhound Friend

scullysmum

14866719763_efa24cc556.jpg

image by East Hill Photography, on Flickr

Back at the beginning of December my I bumped into my friend Jackie with her pups and while I was having the usual cuddle with her lovely Deerhound boy Ishmael I noticed that his lymph glands in his throat were enlarged....he had just recovered from a bout of colitis so it was put down to that, two weeks later having not seen her in the meantime I met Peter (Peppersdad) who informed me that the darling boy had been diagnosed with lymphoma and given 4 to 6 weeks, sadly he only lasted two weeks and left for the bridge on Sunday 21st :( .

My angel Sadi knew Ishmael from when he was a pup, and Johnny also became firm friends with the big wookie....they dug a huge hole together back in the summer :lol

My pockets and treat bags were never safe from the very tall boy and I will miss him. I know his Mum and Dad are heartbroken and his "siblings" Florence and Seql miss him too.

Run free you big hairy loony....my pockets will never be the same.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I both laffed and cried at your tribute to Ishmael. What a greyt dog and friend he was. My heart goes out to all those who are missing him. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your and your friends' loss. It sounds like Ishmael was a special boy indeed, and knew all the best people and pups.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

what a handsome boy! If I got another dog, it would be one of these babies (and a galgo! ) :( run free, sweetie

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

How sad. Rest in peace, beautiful Ishmael, and condolences to all who knew and loved him.

I've always loved deerhounds. A friend of mine owned one years ago when I got my first greyhound and she was such a character.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

So sorry for the loss of such a handsome fellow.

Our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg