Poodle My Poodle

Hubcitypam

Guest BlueCrab

So sorry, Pam. Poodle sounded like a character indeed, and I'll miss hearing your stories of his antics.

When mom died and we were cleaning out her house, my sister grabbed the ashes of Ajax, a little pound pup I'd rescued when I still lived at home and who stayed with my parents after I moved away, and tossed them in the trash. I grabbed the box back out and looked at my sister like she was nuts. She returned the look in spades and said they were gross. What-ever ...I have the ashes of all my animals. I'm sure many on GT do, as well.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

How are you hanging in there Pam ??? I hope the " hurts " has eased up a little. We are here for you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

no it is horrible. barkley still refuses to eat and he is grieving so bad it breaks my heart. I cry and cry and he licks my face - not sure if it empathy or the saltiness. we are going to buck up and go to my sisters for a couple of days. my world has gotten so small the hour trip is fairly daunting.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest Heehoo

:beatheart :beatheart :beatheart Oh Hubcap Pam....I'm so sorry. I know you two adored each other. I can't imagine you with out Poodle. Hugs to you

Edited by Heehoo

I got this yesterday from Dr. Josh. He is coming home from his mission trip to Costa Rica. He is the best guy ever and not your everyday vet....

Pam,
I am so so sorry. I'm so sorry for the timing. I wish I could have been there to help anyway I could.
I am still out of the country and right now is the first time I have had access to email.
I am always here for you. You could write a wonderful book about Poodle's life.

Edited by Hubcitypam

I'm sorry Pam as I'm just seeing this now. Poodle sounds like he was a real character---I know he'll be horribly missed :-(. <3

Having ashes returned---I'm guilty too-what a weird and insensitive thing to have been said to you--they should be ashamed of themselves.

Pam one thing that has helped my grieving dogs is to take them to PetSmart (we don't have Petco, that might be fine too). Lots of interesting stuff to smell, often other dogs and critters to be interested in, and sometimes the chance to pick out a new toy or treat. Maybe it would help Barkley?

Guest sirsmom

I'm so sorry to read that Poodle is gone. It was so much fun reading about him in your posts. What a lot of great memories to keep!

I wish that I could clone Josh. In a way it might have been for the best that he wasn't there. When Buddy left us he was more upset than I was and I was a total wreck with Poodle. Every office visit ends with a hug. It's that good Midwestern upbringing. :)

Pam, I am so sorry to hear about your little man. Wow, it seems like you two were always a pair. You had so many scares with him and just when it seemed like it was time for him to move on, he'd rally and be back to being your Poodle again. It seemed like he might actually live forever. I'm so sorry that wasn't to be. But I know he's got his best mohawk on and is waiting for you, healthy and whole again. My deepest sympathies on your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Pam- I'm so very sorry... I didn't see this thread till today, but read in another thread about Poodle... He has been a mainstay on GT forever - and got his OWN day once a year!

Hugs to you

Run free, Poodle

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Pam. :crying

If it's any consolation at all.. I am waiting for a call to pick Aston's ashes up. The crematory left a message on Tuesday saying that Aston was with them now, and I lost it.

My husband and I both wanted Aston's ashes to come back to us, so you can count us in with you.

There are no words, just know that I and a few other GTers are also deep in mourning right now. For the first time, I don't have to say "I can only imagine" in a Remembrance thread, and it is the worst feeling. :cry1

:grouphug

I'm so sorry about Poodle. It sounds like your vet is a wonderful support system for your family. I hope your heart starts to heal soon, you're in my thoughts.

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

Oh Pam. I'm just seeing this, I am so very very sorry. I loved seeing your photos of Poodle and his mohawk. He will be missed very much.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest carriej

I'm so sorry. Poodles are some special creatures. My husbands father had a black standard poodle named Mozart for 16 years, and my sister in law has 2 black standard poodles named Nelson and Bo. Someday we may adopt a poodle, if the opportunity ever arises.

Edited by carriej