Poodle My Poodle

Hubcitypam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved hearing some of your memories of Poodle. He's always been a favourite non-grey of mine on GT. Run free.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Oh, Pam. I'm so very, very sorry. I don't get on GT as often as I used to and didn't see this 'til now. Hugs to you and Barkley.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

One of my favorites. Godspeed, Poodle. Pam, I am so sorry.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Pam, I'm so very sorry that you've lost your beloved Poodle.

May Poodle's healthy spirit fly free, and breeze by with a sign for you that he's okay over the bridge -- as you remember your happy times together.

Wishing you (and Barkley) strength and comfort through this difficult time.

Godspeed Poodle...

:f_red

Pam, I'm so sorry. I love your stories, he certainly marched to the beat of his own drum. He sounds like a real character, they are always my favorites...gotta love the will and spark.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had never heard how you came to be together. What a remarkable story!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Bad mom? Pishhhhhhhhh. More like you had a dog who had too much personality to fit in his little body. Besides, his extra personality brought so many smiles to so many of us over the yesrs. Thank you. Most importantly, take care of yourself.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

:brokenheart It was a great tribute, and I am glad I was able to be a secret santa for him last year. I am so, so, sorry for your loss. :( :'(

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I'm so sorry for your loss. i always loved hearing your Poodlum stories, doubly happy for the fact he lived in your house & not mine. :flip He was such a character & force of nature & tough little sob, I thought he'd live forever. But he gave it his all & now it's time for him to rest - or poodilize the bridge. I can't imagine the gap he leaves behind. Godspeed Poodle! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

So sorry, Pam. I love your story about how he became YOUR Poodle. I had a poodle before I got involved with greyhounds. Poodles are the smartest dogs around, but I love my greys. RIP Poodle. :devilangel:bighug

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

I wish I had some words of comfort Pam, but when it's this painful, words seem so inadequate.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Poodle, Pam.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am sorry to hear of Poodle's passing. He was quite the character. And those memories of the oddball times when things might have gone awry really show how good a pet-parent you really were. It was always easy to see how much you loved him.

RIP Poodle, and say hi to all of your friends that have passed before you.

And now I have commited the grossest of acts - according to some - by having his ashes returned home to me a couple of hours ago. I am going over the edge. That is just more than I can take.

Interesting. I have ashes of all my dogs, cats, and parrots. Guess I'm gross, as well.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest K9_Lady

And now I have commited the grossest of acts - according to some - by having his ashes returned home to me a couple of hours ago. I am going over the edge. That is just more than I can take.

I'm always comforted by having them back with me ❤️ Sending another Midwest hug!