My Beautiful Queen Has Gone To The Bridge

dostacos

I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful Queen. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry for your loss of Queen. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very, very sorry, Dan :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

thank you all for your kind thoughts. last night I wanted to reach over and give her a belly rub {she would always roach for me} and this morning I was looking at her cookie and treat jars before I went out side for "our" morning outing... My dear wife told me last night that I needed to start my research for a new grey and could even look at males {she was afraid males would "mark" their territory"}. Queen was such a good girl, she was THE grey who walk with me and my wheelchair without any problems, all the others would bump into the chair or pull away or generally bounce around, So in a little while when I can look at a thread like this with clear eyes I will start seeing greys again.

For now I have faith that she is romping in green clover with sunny skies with my beautiful big red dobie Kidron

Guest Liz_in_PA

While my Bonnie is afraid of kitchen floors, she adores people in wheelchairs as their hands are at the perfect height for ear scratching. When you're ready, the right one will be there.

Your heart must be hurting so much now, and the suddenness of the loss of such a constant companion adds to the pain. I can't imagine how much you are missing your sweet girl. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Queen.

I lost a "Queen" to osteo too. :brokenheart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Trust that your girl will guide a new friend to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday of those we love. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My Kidron was pick of the litter, my wife and I were touring Israel and trying to think of a name, and we came to Kidron Valley and we both turned at the same time and that was it. When we picked up our little pup it turned out the breeder named all their dogs with biblical names. She lived for 8 or 9 years and then could not walk and we had to take her to the vet. Before I could get another dog, my dear wife started collecting rescue cats. My eldest son brought home the first, an abandoned kitten, then #2 son had a kitten from work { the wife was told if the litter was still in the house when he came home from his business trip HE was GONE, so cat #2 and she really did not want another dog. Somehow I found out about greyhounds and Hemopet {Queen was not only a rescue, she was a HERO as she donated blood before adoption} I started going down and just taking a dog or two out and walking them. Betty knew that if I was to adopt it would need to be cat friendly but I was just keeping the dogs happy. Well one day my wife said, and I quote " we are NOT getting a dog, and it HAS to be a female!"

We both went down and walked several dogs, one I kinda liked but had some cervical issues and Jeanie did not like that, and one was a little jumpy but all just did not know what to do with my wheelchair. Then they brought out Queen for my wife's inspection, Queen was the only one who from the beginning walked with my chair like she was born to it. and that was it.

I thought we were going to wait until the first of the year because I did not want to crate her on the second day we had her {Christmas/New Years week} well Betty said NO! pick her up Monday! I had thought we needed a few days to finish everything up... well we bonded and my dear wife let Queen and I be together for all things for the first month before she did much of anything.

Now she has told me prepare to find a new companian Greyhound, so who am I do argue

I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Queen.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Dan, I'm so sorry you lost Queenie. I remember your posts about her and saw you from a distance with her when I was leaving the Veteran's Hall in Solvang. It was clear how strong the connection and love was between the two of you. My heart goes out to you.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I went down to Hemopet for some grey lovin' today, I really, REALLY needed a fix. Betty had them bring out a BIG boy Haggard who proceeded to FREAK OUT about my wheel chair, then Hoda a very light colored brindle, and she could not figure out which side of the wheel chair to be on and generally was, for the want of a better term, something of an air head {with me} All she wanted to do is go back with one of the staffers to her crate, this told me how special Queen was, and such a good fit.

THEN Betty brought out a smaller black boy Conrad, cat friendly and darned if he did not start walking like Queen with the chair. The best part was giving ear scritches and watching the eyes slowly close...Betty is not just a greyhound adopter, she is really a shadkhin {Yiddish for matchmaker} Now let's all sing the song from Fiddler on the roof, matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match....