Please Think Good Thoughts For Fintan

Sorcha

3greytjoys: I could not get a picture of the scene, it was too dark. I clean the yard of feces morning and evening, and there is no urine order. Only my IG barks, and I stay outside with him. When Fin and Nola are alone in the yard, they simply stand quietly at the gate waiting for me to bring them back in.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Fintan is ok.

You need a bigger fence. ;)

Glad Fintan is ok.

You need a bigger fence. ;)

Actually I need to extend my privacy fence which is in front of the chain link fence. I put up the section of privacy fence years ago, to block out that neighbor. I ran it as far as the huge bush because it is even taller than the privacy fence, plus that as all I could afford. The food dump was right where the privacy fence ends. Grrrr.

Actually I need to extend my privacy fence which is in front of the chain link fence. I put up the section of privacy fence years ago, to block out that neighbor. I ran it as far as the huge bush because it is even taller than the privacy fence, plus that as all I could afford. The food dump was right where the privacy fence ends. Grrrr.

I'd say collect all the food that gets dumped....then after a week of it sitting in the sun in a sealed bucket....pour it out in front of his front door :flip

Yes, you know that now with hindsight. How much fence could you have bought with the $600 your neighbor just cost you? Very glad you found the cause & even more glad Fintan is OK. Possible bloat or impaction it a very frightening thing. Besides Fintan's pain & suffering, your neighbor also managed to ruin your trip.You may want to mail your neighbor an invoice for the vet bill. Though it's unlikely he'd pay, but it would certainly emphasize how seriously you are taking this incident.

I'd say collect all the food that gets dumped....then after a week of it sitting in the sun in a sealed bucket....pour it out in front of his front door :flip

Yeah I second this.

Wow, I can tell you right now my husband would go ballistic on the neighbor if this happened to us. I shutter just thinking about it.

One thing you do not do is mess with our furry kids.

I'm glad Fintan is doing better... this is always scary stuff!

Edited by 2greyhoundMINI

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

I am so happy that Fintan is doing well, and that you have found the cause. I have lurked on this thread because I was actually really scared that you had a neighbor who had intentionally thrown something over the fence to hurt him. I had it happen to me when my parents first bought our house. The neighbors behind me threw over poisoned meat in small enough doses to slowly kill my poodle. Thankfully, the LAPD were awesome and went over and put the fear of God in him about any other dog in LA county dying of anything but a natural death, and they would be back at his door.

My childhood dentist, who was a family friend, and a Tuskegee Airman, raised and showed Samoyeds. He also was the first black man to buy a home in Los Feliz. His neighbors expressed their displeasure by poisoning his dogs in an effort to make him moved. It hurt his heart every time it happened but he stood his ground. He also brought me a syringe full of atropine just in case anything similar ever happened again. I don't need one in a house but I have always known that I would keep one in the house once I move home, just in case any of the newer neighbors do the same thing.

I am so sorry your weekend away was ruined.

What a jerk! It doesn't sound like he was trying to hurt the dogs, but he is still an a**hole! I am glad Fintan (and Nola) are alright. Until you can get the fence extended, I guess you'll just have to check the yard carefully and dump anything you find back over the fence.

My neighbor did the same thing years ago-dumped her "cabbage water" over the fence into my backyard--the difference here is I saw her do it! After a few words of exchange and a threat of a lawsuit it never happened again. To this day I'm not sure why she thought it easier to truck across her entire backyard with a heavy pot to toss it over the fence rather than just pour it down her drain. Weirdo.

Cabbage water is greasy if the cabbage is being cooked with, say corned beef or spareribs. Your neighbor wants to avoid a plumbing bill for blocked up pipes.

Ordered fencing to put up temporarily until I can afford a permanent solution. It's reed fencing and each section is 13 ft. long and 6 and 1/2 ft. tall. I will use zip ties to secure it to the chain link fence.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardman-R668-Reed-Fencing-long/dp/B000VYNKFC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384198246&sr=8-2&keywords=Gardman+r668

Ordered fencing to put up temporarily until I can afford a permanent solution. It's reed fencing and each section is 13 ft. long and 6 and 1/2 ft. tall. I will use zip ties to secure it to the chain link fence.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardman-R668-Reed-Fencing-long/dp/B000VYNKFC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384198246&sr=8-2&keywords=Gardman+r668

Post when you put it up? I've been thinking about trying it to screen Brees's view of the local cat colony.

Really glad Fintan is ok.

I don't understand why people think it's ok to dump something on someone else's property!!!!!!!

Glad you found a quick solution and SO GLAD Fintan is ok!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

My aunt did that with her 42" high, chainlink fence. It worked very well. I think the reed fencing lasted quite a few years before it started to break down. It was looking dark, almost black, after 5+ years, but she lived in New Orleans, humidity capital of the US.

Call animal control (or police) and have them write it up and talk to your neighbor. You want to have a record that this happened and you want someone in authority to talk to your neighbor.

+1.... I definitely would.

I just saw this. Glad Fintan is OK. I think you should call the police.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

we have the reed fencing in one corner of the yard. for it to be opaque we had to double it, we were blocking the vista or our neighbor's cars. it's been up for 3 or 4 years and looks fine, we never even notice it. i have used all sorts of weird stuff to block our neighbors. one had a nasty pit bull- we had walls made out of lewan for antique shows- 4'x8' with framing on it. that's been up for a decade. it was painted chartreuse, pretty nice for a booth but ?? for a fence. fortunately the bushes in front of it blended w/ the color.

i would talk to your neighbor and present the bill. if you don't want to ask for payment then inform her that the next time food from her home is found either on your property or in your dog's gut she will have to pay this and the future bill. if you have a city/town councilman communicate with them about the incident and have a report. you might need to file a police report, i'm not sure. but cover your self, no dumping on your property. and maybe lie and say you have this on file w/ an attorney. maybe it's dementia, but patrol your yard diligently and make sure that left overs aren't out and about.

Cabbage water is greasy if the cabbage is being cooked with, say corned beef or spareribs. Your neighbor wants to avoid a plumbing bill for blocked up pipes.

Ahh-makes sense. Believe me-it won't happen again--screamed the fear of dog into her.

Edited by tbhounds

Ugh, I get that he's an old man, but seriously!? RUDE!! INCONSIDERATE! Even if you didn't have dogs, how gross! What a jerk s: Couldn't he start a compost pile on HIS property?? (Also I don't understand people who intentionally try to poison animals D: Especially if they are other people's pets. I remember an episode of Judge Judy where a neighbor was setting out poisoned meat for rats/rodents but the neighbor's dog got into it and died :C Clearly not the person's intention, but still thoughtless. And I can't imagine what that neighbor poisoning the poodle was thinking!! :angryfire )

Is there anyplace to mount a security camera? If he tries it again you will have proof.

Good idea about the camera. I am hesitant to confront people directly so would ask the police to get involved and make a record of it. Not sure if they would want to be bothered but hopefully you would get an animal-loving officer who can let the guy know you are seriously concerned.

Guest Celestrina

Good idea about the camera. I am hesitant to confront people directly so would ask the police to get involved and make a record of it. Not sure if they would want to be bothered but hopefully you would get an animal-loving officer who can let the guy know you are seriously concerned.

Even if they aren't, most areas take dumping trash on someone else's property seriously. It can be a hazard to wildlife and possibly humans as well.