Fuzzy And Paul Dentals Today

Paul is a bloody mess. He lost the two lower canines. I put him in an x-pen with his bed and towels all around him. He looks so sad, but, he ate his dinner of soft food. I had to give him two antibiotics and needed to bury it in his food. Fuzzy did really well and had no teeth pulled; just the cleaning.
I was very anxious this morning. When we came home from the gym, the vets office had called home twice and my cell phone. When I called the office, they said Dr. Coons wants to discuss something with you and he would call back. My heart sank.
It took about 10 minutes that felt an hour long. Paul had an x-ray of his spine and he saw some cloudiness there and it is arthritis. Dr. Coons thinks Paul would be a good candidate for laser therapy. It is done in a series of 10. Paul had one treatment today and we scheduled the next four; 2 x a week for the next two weeks.
We picked them up about 3:30. They were not groggy and looked good. Paul's face is very blood stained, but, I don't want to bother him about washing his face tonight. He also has a bandage on his leg. They said he bled when they tried to remove it, so I am leaving in on overnight. He made a drooly mess in our new van and I am now washing all the beds and blankets we keep in the back. To know our guys are feeling good makes everything worth it. Thanks for all the good thoughts, prayers and concerns. It is most appreciated.

Both boys gained a little weight, which is a good thing as they both tend to be on the thin side of thin. Both will be getting dentals on Friday if the results of today's bloodwork is ok. Fuzzy probably will get one small top tooth removed and Paul has a problem. He only has four teeth left right now, anyway, and he may loose one or two on the bottom. I asked the vet to just clean him up as he is 11-1/2 and I don't want to make him uncomfortable if I don't have to. Dr. Coons agreed until he looked in his mouth and he thinks one on the bottom is infected and he is afraid if he doesn't pull it, the infection could get into his jaw bone.

Since we have Paul, he has had annual dentals and in later years, I took him to NGAP twice a year. He has awful teeth and has had awful teeth since we adopted him. He is also getting a little weak on the back end and has trouble standing for long periods. He loves his daily walk and we take one approximately 3/4 of a mile everyday. Dr. Coons suggested an x-ray of his back end to see what is exactly going on. He did something with Paul which frightened me a little. He turned over a back foot and Paul immediately righted it, but did not do the same with the other. That means his issues might be neurological.

They offer laser therapy at our vet and hydro pool, but, if we want to try accupuncture, we have to drive to Salisbury, MD. Depending on where, it is really not that far, so we would do it.

Please keep my guys in good thoughts for their dentals on Friday, especially our sweet Paulie. Let hope his x-ray shows something we can help him with to alleviate some of his stiffness.

Thanks for reading my novella.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Lots of good thoughts for Fuzzy and Paul coming their way!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Sending lots of good thoughts for Fuzzy and Paul. :hope :hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Friday will be a very long day for you, won't it? I hope both boys will be home and comfortable by Friday afternoon.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest june

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers out for you and the pups. One of my pups just had 9 more teeth pulled. She now has 6 teeth left and 3 of those are canines; no chewing teeth left at all. She still enjoys her food but now I have to add a bit of water to help her out.

We got a call this morning that their blood work was fine, so they are good to go on Friday morning.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I hope all goes well on Friday.

Buddy only had 2 bottom canines. I have a gas stove, so I would add some warm water to his kibble then put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. With the pilot light on, it always @ 70 degrees so it seemed to help soften the kibble. He ate every morsel, every day.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

sending lots of good thoughts for the boys and hope the dentals are uneventful :hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending prayers for your boys today.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

wonderful update...hope Paul heals quickly.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm sorry Paul needed to lose his canines; that's major. I'm sure he'll feel better soon. The laser therapy may help his back a lot.

Hope both boys are feeling well ASAP.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

{Irene} Zeke-aroni lost his canines during a dental, too, and it was a mess but he was soo much happier the day after his surgery. One sleep and Paul should be feeling much improved. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

All in all, a pretty good update! Sallie was a bloody mess after her dental, but she felt much better the next day. She did continue to leak a little blood for about the first 24 hrs, but was fine. She only lost one canine, but all her big upper molars.

I hope the lazar therapy helps his spine!

Gentle scritchies for both your puppers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FreeholdHound

I'm going to be making an appt soon for Harry to have a dental & was planning on bringing him back to NGAP (his Vet is more than willing to do it & I adore her but the thought of the dental makes me nervous). May I ask how long the procedure takes? And if possible the cost? I doubt they'll do it on Saturdays so I'll have to figure out when I'd be able to take off from work without catching hell for it.

Glad to hear all went well with your houndies, hope for their quick recovery. :)