Bunny 16/3/98 - 4/4/13

Guest Happytails

Guest Happytails

Bunny has had more comebacks than a vegas show but never did I expect to be writing another remembrance post in 4 days....

Bunny Watkins - Racing Name was "Little Amy" March 16, 1998 - April 4, 2013

gotcha day August 12 and November 13, 2009 (we fostered her in August but officially failed fostering and adopted her in November)

Bunny went to the Bridge tonight at 15 years old to play with Wallie. Bunny had a great racing career and an even better retirement. 61 races, six 1st place finishes, ten 2nd place finishes. Bunny (also known as Bun Bun, Bunny-Boo, Super-Bun and The Bun-Master) snuck into our lives as a "foster" and stole our hearts. We adopted her when she was 11years old. She loved us and we loved her. Although she was always quite fragile with a rickety back end she would take us on morning walks which eventually turned into full-out runs! Ramona would be home a good 15-20 minutes before the other dogs and I got home! I think she loved being in first place! Lately, she's been very frail and thin but in her dreams her legs would run and we knew she was winning first place again. She loved her volunteer work with GLOHW and enjoyed sleeping on her bed during a Romp 'n' Roo get together. She kept our family on schedule - air barking her commands (telling us what room we should be in or when treats or dinner should be served), waking us up very very early for breakfast, then she'd grab her leash in her mouth and take us on a walk/run. We wanted to give her the best retirement ever and now she's with Wallie, likely racing with her and finishing in first place! We will miss you always Boo!

BUNNY.jpg

194325_10150162776895086_554495085_87829

DSC_0084-1.jpg

P8133922-1.jpg

It sounds like you gave her the life of her dreams. I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no! Not so soon after Wallie. I am so incredibly sorry. It's wonderful, though, that you failed fostering and she was able to spend the last--and best--part of her retirement with you.

Godspeed Bunny.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sweet girl....she had her very best years with you! :grouphug to all of you who loved Bunny.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

She looks very sweet and was very lucky to land with you. I can't imagine coping with two losses so close together. And you still got it together to make this lovely tribute. My thoughts are with you. :grouphug

:f_pink

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am so very sorry. Rest in peace, beautiful Bunny.

Hugs to all who loved her.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

John and Ramona, not Bunny, too! I'm so sorry that you have experienced so much loss in way too short a period of time. Hugs to both of you :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so very sorry to hear you've lost another so soon. Godspeed Bunny.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a sweet sweet lovely lady. The eyes say it all-so powerful-such love. My heart is breaking for you. There really is something special, something unique and indescribable, about these older ladies. My deepest sympathy.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_red:f_pink:f_pink:gh_run

Guest IrskasMom

Ramona , I am so sorry. You lost 2 Babies in one Month. That is just more then anybody can bare. They are gone but never forgotten and the Memories remain. Gorgeous Babies . RIP :f_pink:f_pink