Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Thank you for the kind words everyone.. It really is helping me through this period of not knowing what we're dealing with

Here are a few more pictures of his bruising that occured spontaniously yesterday (although no bleeds have appeared today)

the appearance of them is getting a little better, but the diagnosis is still unclear. hopefully tomorrow will provide us with some clarity.

sam0682t.jpg

sam0680g.jpg

sam0681m.jpg

Guest Nekos_Mommy

He's not on anything yet.. OSU doesnt seem to want to make a move until they have a better idea of what it is.. he's going there at 8 am (its 7 where I am) and seems to be doing alright this morning. We definitely think that whatever he has is chronic because even with a PCV of 10% he still seemed super bright and alert.. today with it at 18% he was still jumping around and wanting to run on leash which generally a dog that anemic would not do (meaning his body has adapted to the anemia)

We did rule out poison, not only because it is very chronic, but because he has been on vitamin K with no improvement

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Just dropped him off now, hes getting an abdominal ultrasound and possibly biopsies if needed, a repeat of the mucosal bleeding time test and another cbc to make sure hes still stable

Continued good thoughts for your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

sending more prayers that OSU can figure out what's going on and he can get better! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hoping that a diagnosis can be made and that Neko will be able to get well.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Nekos_Mommy

I am too! I dropped him off at 8 am this morning and have heard nothing all day (now 4 pm)... I have tried to call 3 times but the students and clinicians are all busy and keep telling me theyll call me as soon as they have the chance.. I'm supposed to be bringing him home tonight but I havent even heard about a pickup time and they close in an hour..

I just got home from work and this was the first thing I did, hoping for good news about Neko. I'll keep hoping.

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

I hope you're on your way to pick him up and bring him home

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020