Lily Oshkosh Ultra March 7, 2003 - February 18, 2013

KingsMom

Today we said goodbye to our sweet Lily, Oshkosh Ultra. She was a truly sweet girl with a unique personality and the most expressive face. She was strikingly white and blue and she loved pets and people. Everywhere she went people would stop and ask about her, she was well loved at the doctors office and choir practice. Her departure leaves a hole in the heart of many but especially those of us who had the privilege of knowing her well.

Some of you may remember that about two and a half years ago we drove out to Oshkosh Nebraska to get Lily and her sister Dazie who are the litter sisters of our boy King who we got about two and a half years before that.

I thought I’d share some photos of our sweet girl.

This is in the car on the way home from Nebraska.

1177c5bf.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

Here are some pictures of the puppies in Lily’s second litter, they were still at the farm when we picked her up and we got to see them briefly, sorry the quality isn’t great, they’re wiggly at that age…

187bad7c.jpg

e8ee55d9.jpg

2bcf0289.jpg

0be79eb2.jpg

Here she’s in the car on the way home with Dazie. Lily is on the right in this photo.

e999114f.jpg

Here’s one of the girls cuddling in the hotel on the way to Florida, they were supporting each other. Lily is in the front.

5160247f.jpg

Here’s the first meeting with the girls and King

IMG_3274.jpg

Her first roach...

b25815ef.jpg

Here she is with her siblings, Lily is on the right. This is what makes me the saddest; there won’t be any more photos with all three of them…

IMG_3389.jpg

Here she’s on the left…

IMG_3358.jpg

And here on the right…

IMG_3327.jpg

I love this photo, its Lily (L) and Dazie (Rt) under King, I call it "Girl Talk". :) I can tell that it’s shortly after we got them because both of the girls have so much fur, they both had a really thick fur coat when we got them.

IMG_3332.jpg

About a year ago we took the dogs to a NOTRA race and they had a really good time. We knew they shouldn’t run too much but the sound of the lure had them so excited we let them go a short distance. Here’s Lily’s video, click on the image and it will open the video.

th_greyhoundpracticelilly_zpscb816981.jp

Will post more after next post.

Edited by KingsMom
gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

We have tried to take calendar worthy photos of Lily and some of them did make it in, but these are some of the best we have.

012_zps375e01e2.jpg

098_zps6011a8c8.jpg

013_zpsbc84f20d.jpg

DSCN1180_zps5d452789.jpg

daves_camera_257_zpsaecaf1c9.jpg

091_zps769e27a7.jpg

016_zps989c35c9.jpg

She has the best pointy ears…

Lily8_zpsff8219eb.jpg

Lily7_zps5ed80c97.jpg

You’ll always be in our hearts beautiful, sweet girl, we'll see you again at the bridge...

Edited by KingsMom

King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was exceptionally lovely, wasn't she?

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was exceptionally lovely, wasn't she?

Godspeed, precious.

We certainly think that she was, thank you all for your kind words...

What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope all of those memories help ease your pain, she had a wonderful life with you. :heart

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Such a beautiful girl! I'm so sorry for your loss. How special to have had all three of them together though. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

How blessed you were to have such a wonderful family of siblings. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Lily. She was a lovely lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How wonderful and fortunate that the three of them could be together with you. I do remember when Lily and Dazie joined you and King, and I'm so sorry Lily had to leave you now. :grouphug But thanks for posting this lovely tribute. The photos are awesome. And I hope the images bring you good memories and help heal your heart.

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I remember your trip! She is absolutely gorgeous and I am so very sorry she had to leave. My sympathies.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow