Desi Is Back At Osu....this Time He Stayed

Oh, how awful.

Sending lots of prayers out to Desi and you.

:hope :hope :grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no!! sending MANY prayers! :hope :HOpe

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I just spoke with Kathy. Desi is still in the ICU being monitored. They've done an ultrasound and may be doing more tests. Dr. Couto is in today so he is consulting. As of now, they have not determined a treatment plan.

I know that every greyhound is special. But Desi is extra, extra special. He was my foster for 15 months and I love him dearly. He would be mine if I hadn't been over my financial limit for number of dogs. I don't know quite why it took so long to place him, his personality is fantastic. But he is a big black boy who is not cat safe. At the time of placement he was 7 years old, due to the length of his career. He had problems with his feet. But Kathy took one look at him and fell head over heals. When I left her house after delivering him, I turned to my group president and said "I hate to admit it, but I think Kathy will make an even better mom to him than me." And I wasn't wrong.

So please give Desi and Kathy all the good thoughts, white light, and prayers that you can.

Jane

I hope Kathy doesn't mind if I post this.

Things are not looking very good for Desi. He has many blood clots, including clots in his spleen which appear to have caused necrotic spots. Dr. Couto doesn't feel he is stable enough for surgery at this point. They are going to try aspirin therapy for a few days, so he is staying in the ICU again tonight.

Kathy and I are planning to go to OSU tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to see him. Tonight I am going to make some sauteed liver. He always liked liver when he was my foster.

Jane

Oh dear. Jane, thank you for keeping us updated. Please give Kathy and Desi the biggest hugs you can from us.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Continued prayers here, too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Still thinking positive thoughts for you and your sweet boy.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Oh no, I'm sorry Desi is going through this. Thinking good thoughts for you andDesi.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Crap. Continued prayers that the aspirin therapy helps, and maybe they can get him strong enough to take care of that necrotic "bad stuff."

:hope

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Thank you everyone......again. To say I am crushed and heartsick is the understatment of the year.

I feel like my Des is between the proverbial rock & hard place.

Icky spleen needs to come out........throwing too many clots to risk surgery.........

And the icing on the cake = the big bad wolf pounding on my door re: the financial aspect of OSU/ICU.

Your good thoughts are most appreciated.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.