Please! I Need Good Thoughts/prayers For My Big Des

I posted on Sunday that Desi was acting a little strangely, and put it down to the heat. I was wrong.

By Tuesday he was limping (front right). Today at the clinic where I work, we spent time giving him the

once over & doing xrays. His area of pain is right shoulder.......xrays show nothing that we can see.

Tomorrow, they will go to the OSU consult service to see if they can see anything we're overlooking.

The pain is getting worse by the minute it seems. He goes to work with me every day.....I have a ramp

for the SUV, but today that was nearly impossible, even with help. He now doesn't want to move much

at all, even to go potty, and has no appetite at all...not even for the "special stuff." He's on an nsaid,

and since this pain started, I started giving him Tramadol in increasing doses as his discomfort grows.

This evening he had 150 mg Tramadol an hour before leaving work, and another 150 mg when we got

home. I did get him to eat a couple of scrambled eggs. It's bad enough right now that he squeals now

& again, just laying on his bed. You know what I'm thinking.......I'm scared.

Work has been crazy busy this week, but I'm considering telling them to bite my behiney and take

him down to OSU tomorrow & go to emergency if I can't get him into the GH Health & Wellness.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

VMP_46831-1.jpg

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, how scary. Yes do please take him in as soon as you can! Sending healing thoughts.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

All fingers, toes and paws crossed here!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Hoping very much it's just a sore muscle and he will be back to himself soonest!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:hope it's not serious

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Adding out good thoughts and prayers.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Sending as many healing thoughts and prayers as possible for your big Des. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Bawling like a baby here. We just tried to get outside to potty.......he can barely put any weight on that leg at all. He'll hobble a couple of steps

and then just stop & look at me............AND I CAN DO NOTHING!!! He's got enough Tramadol in him to drop a moose, it seems like, but the pain

must be severe. I don't have a clue how I'll get him in the vehicle in the morning to get him help. 83 lb is just more than I can manage, especially

with him in such pain. More tramadol, and pray we make it through the night.

I FEEL SO HELPLESS.......I cannot bear watching him hurt so.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.