Spriet

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's doing better and better :) She's very playful and loves her walks again. Yesterday was the last day she got her medicines, to hopefully things will keep going in the right direction.

Pictures:

This was 1 or 2 days after we found out about the inflammation: (it looks a bit shiny because of the flash)

2dagna.jpg

Since a few days there's this brown.. something.. around the inflammation. I think it's dried blood. We are a bit hesitant to touch it or to take a closer look.. Spriet can be quite snappy when it causes her pain.. :wife

weekna.jpg

Edited by AnneGTS

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update.. A couple days ago we found 2 drips of blood.. So off to the vet we went. He gave her some more antibiotics. Now we just have to keep an eye on her to see if the swelling will grow (which will not be a good sign - possible tumor) or if the swelling will stay the same or totally goes away.

We don't notice any changes in her behaviour, she want to play, walk etc. Although when you touch the swelling she jumps in the air and screams.

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread.. But a couple of weeks ago we noticed the lump was getting bigger and that Spriet was walking funny. She was also very quiet and cranky (nipping at me, growling at Tibbie..)

We went to the vet yesterday. The lump is not a inflamed mammary gland this time, it's a tumor. We don't know if it's benign.

I was worried the growing lump was causing her more and more pain and that she had to go though surgery eventually. Luckily it's not causing her pain. She probably has some sort of arthritis and is now on pain meds. These seem to work already. This morning happily greeted me and wanted to play. :)

We are not going to do any further tests. Spriet has been trough so much medical exams in her life, we decided not to go through all these tests again. We will have to wait and see how things go.

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Good thoughts for Spriet.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:candle:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown