Albi 11/25/2003~6/16/2012

NancyB

This is really hard for me to post this. Albi's vet came to our house Saturday morning, June 16, to send Albi peacefully to the bridge. He is pain free now and reunited with Marvin, Mickey, Ramm and Ruby. On June 8th he couldn't use his only front leg, screamed in pain, we found out he had degenerated discs in his neck, his vet thought they were pressing on the nerve and causing pain. By Tuesday he couldn't walk and within the week he had deteriorated greatly to the point where we knew it was time. She now thinks there had to be a tumor on his spine. To read his thread in Health and medical click this link http://forum.greytal...ll-disc-issues/

We adopted Albi as a puppy from Jersey Shore Animal Center. A member of one of the Italian Greyhound message boards posted the petfinder link in Off Topic for the Borzoi Saluki mix puppies there. The shelter wasn't too far from us, we decided to go take a look at them and we filled out an application, we picked him up on Valentine's Day, 2004.

He was a joy to have around, loved all people and would greet you by putting his paws on your shoulders. He loved his greyhound brothers Marvin and Ramm and his greyhound sisters Ruby and Kassie. He was a tall, big boy, 100 pounds of love, he was a talker and a big smiler. He would sleep with us and we had to buy a king size bed to accomodate him. He would also scold us when we came home if we were gone too long (a Costco shopping trip!). He was our baby dog and is deeply loved and will always be missed.

Albi has been through a lot this past year, he broke his leg May 19, 2011, had his amputation for osteosarcoma on May 25, 2011 and then went through several surgeries for MRSA. He was very brave boy and we are heartbroken. :brokenheart

First day home 2/14/2004 :heart

1118792396038196329S600x600Q85.jpg

Albi (almost a year old) with Kassie, Ramm, Ruby and Marvin, 11/13/2004

1273960246038196329S600x600Q85.jpg

Albi, 4/20/2011 a month before he broke his leg

2337576040038196329S600x600Q85.jpg

5/25/2012 one year post amputation

2001919920038196329S600x600Q85.jpg

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry :(

Albi was so brave and did so well after his surgery. I know what a truly special boy he was from all you've written about him.

Run free big guy

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Oh, Nancy, I am so sorry to see that you've lost your beloved Albi. Although I didn't "know" him, from your posts I felt as tho I did and he was such a swell guy. I'm so sorry for the Albi-sized hole in your heart. :grouphug:

Godspeed beautiful boy Albi.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Nancy, I am so very sorry. I remember when Albi had his amp and all the battles you both fought. We are all grieving along with you that this beautiful boy left too soon.

Run free Albi, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Nancy, my heart sank when I saw the title of this thread. I remember when you adopted Albi. The two of you have been through so much together. I'm so sorry :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh Nancy, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Albi was very special. My heart goes out to you. Rest well Albi.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Nancy, I'm very sorry for your loss. Albi sure was a good looking guy... Run free, Albi

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Nancy, I am heartbroken for you. Albi is one handsome boy. :bighug

Run with the angels Sweet Albi, you are with the very very best ~

Edited by PhillyPups

When you hadn't read my PM yet I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm so very sorry Albi had to leave. He was a handsome boy and went through a lot to stay with you.

God speed Albi, you are now pain free and running with your brothers and sister.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Nancy, I am so sorry. I remember how much you and Albi went through following his amp. Godspeed handsome boy!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.