Never Take A Day For Granted

Guest TeddysMom

Losing a young one is so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry your precious Teddy couldn't have stayed with you longer.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. So heartbreaking. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am sorry your Teddy had to leave so soon. Friends of ours just lost their 3 yo too. So heartbreaking when they are so young. Run free sweet Teddy.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

This helped me and I hope you may find some comfort from it too::grouphug

The Gift

I’ll lend you for a little while my grandest dog, he said.

For you to love while he’s alive

And mourn for when he’s dead.

It may be one or many years,

Or days, or months, you see.

But will you, till I take him back

Take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charm to gladden you,

And should his stay be brief

You will have treasured memories

As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

Since all from earth return.

But there are lessons taught on earth

I want this dog to learn.

I’ve looked the wide world over

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes

With trust, I have selected you.

Now will you give him your total love?

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate when I come

To take him back again?

I know you’ll give him tenderness

And love will bloom each day.

And for the happiness you’ve known

Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for him

Sooner than you’ve planned

You’ll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday you’ll understand. ~Author Unknown

:f_red

I am so very sorry for your loss of Teddy. He was definitely too young to leave and am sure you are heartbroken. We are all grieving along with you for the loss of another beautiful pup who left too soon.

Run free Teddy, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Chris_Byfield

This helped me and I hope you may find some comfort from it too::grouphug

The Gift

I’ll lend you for a little while my grandest dog, he said.

For you to love while he’s alive

And mourn for when he’s dead.

It may be one or many years,

Or days, or months, you see.

But will you, till I take him back

Take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charm to gladden you,

And should his stay be brief

You will have treasured memories

As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

Since all from earth return.

But there are lessons taught on earth

I want this dog to learn.

I’ve looked the wide world over

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes

With trust, I have selected you.

Now will you give him your total love?

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate when I come

To take him back again?

I know you’ll give him tenderness

And love will bloom each day.

And for the happiness you’ve known

Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for him

Sooner than you’ve planned

You’ll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday you’ll understand. ~Author Unknown

:f_red

This!

Anita, I am so glad to see you back! I don't have enought posts to PM you, or I would. So I'll just tewll you how very sorry I am for your loss of your precious Teddy. I keep you, your DH and all the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very sorry. :f_yellow I don't let a minute go by without appreciating how lucky I am to share my life with these amazing dogs.

Godspeed Teddy :gh_run A fun loving guy like you will make a wonderful playmate for my little Peanut.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry. Now more than ever it hits home that every day is a gift indeed; it does not take away the sting of the loss of one so young, though. Godspeed, Teddy...

Oh No!

I am so sorry for the loss of your Teddy. He was much too young.

Remember all the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

what a terrible shock for you, your DH, and your pack to have to deal with, on top of everything else this past year has brought to you all. Our thoughts are with you.

Run like the wind with the other Angles, Sweet Boy. Your Momma gave you a life full of love every single day...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest Greytsaver

I am so sorry for your loss. It really takes a long time for the pain in your heart to decrease. I know, I lost Bear on President's Day. He had osteosarcoma. I had been taking him to a vet that told me he did not know what was wrong with Bear and why the pain meds were not working. When he said that I took him to another vet that told me he had bone cancer and showed me where his bone was about to break. I had Bear sedated and my husband and I said good bye. Bear had tears in his eyes and Jim and I cried. It is awful to have them cross the rainbow bridge. I cannot imagine finding them dead on the couch. When your heart is ready get another. Bear sent us Jethro the very day he died. A lady had found an abandoned greyhound, Jethro of Rukaus, and the owners did not want him back. He is the best dog ever. He even plays fetch.

What a horrible shock! I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so very sorry. The pain of sudden loss can be hard to bear (I know from personal experience), but is made so much worse with one so young. Run free, Teddy.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Your message rings true! Every day is a gift and for your Teddy, fewer days were available. I am very sorry for your sudden loss. He went with no knowledge of his departure or pain but that makes it harder for those who are left behind. Please accept my condolences for Teddy and hugs to you in this difficult time!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background