Greytalk Forum Upgrade

Jeff

Jeff,

When I go to the About Me page in my profile I get this message:

Error: Could not load template 'tabAboutMe' from group 'profile'

It looks like that was a leftover that was not updated for some reason. Tech support went in, made some changes and didn't report anything back (Arrrrrrrrr!) But the about me link is gone that I can see, and replaced with 'Profile Feed' which is working.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Well, I finallly found the emotis, but they're about 1/2 cut off, & I can't tell what the bottom half of them are doing.

Besides which, they are so tiny........

Does it say "Show All" underneath them? If it does, click on that, and a box will pop up with all of the emotis and they will be full size. However, I did find last night that the "Show All" was not showing up on Chrome on my home computer (it does show up on Chrome on my work computer). It did show up on AOL at home, so I'm not sure what the problem is. :dunno

Apparently, clearing your cache, does quite a few things.....like fix this. :blush

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Embarrassed to admit I do not know how to clear the cache in Safari on my iPad. Can anyone help? Thanks. In the meantime, I will ask my dear friend Google.

OK figured it out, but no change. Still no formatting options for replies or posts, no emoties or any sign of them either!

Will fire up my laptop and check it out. I am guessing this is a Safari issue?

Thanks for Ll your hard work Jeff, and for fixing my avatar!

Yes, it all works just fine in IE on the laptop! And now I see what my buddies are talking about--the "post options" side bar on the right, and the narrow strip of emoties along the bottom of the reply window.

Edited by GeorgeofNE

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I've never read a thread and then marked it as read. If I go back to it by clicking on the title, it used to take me to the very last post posted since I was last there.

Somehow I can't seem to find the right default button to do that now. Actually, before I didn't have anything set - a click just took me to the last post since my last visit.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

What happened to the " go back to the top of the page" button when you're reading a thread?

The arrow in a circle at the center of the page, at the bottom of the screen

And on iPad you have to hit the circle very carefully or the terms of service show up everytime.

What happened to the buttons under a person's avatar where you could look at their gallery or send them a message?

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I've never read a thread and then marked it as read. If I go back to it by clicking on the title, it used to take me to the very last post posted since I was last there.

Somehow I can't seem to find the right default button to do that now. Actually, before I didn't have anything set - a click just took me to the last post since my last visit.

:)

The new software looks great--I'm excited about being able to have a slightly larger avatar (that I can change myself). One thing I'm immediately missing is the ability to click on a thread and be dropped at the first unread post within the thread. Not sure if we lost that functionality or if it's a setting.

Click either the circle or star next to the thread title.

Perfect, thanks! I was hoping it was something simple. In the desktop gui, I clicked on the folder icon at the far left of the thread title (Win7/Chrome). On the mobile gui, the icons appear to be chat bubbles (android). I didn't see circles or stars, but your advice helped me all the same. :)

~Amanda

Yes, make sure you are using the full editor, if in a quick reply box, click the "More Reply Options" next to the post button. Once in the full editor, you should see this:

First choose your file/

next click Attach this file

Why it takes 2 clicks I have no idea, obviously if I choose it, I want to attach it, but whatever lol

Don't see that in full editor. There's NOTHING in the lower left. ONly buttons I have below the full reply window are "add reply" "preview post" or cancel.

Is it set so only mods can attach, or something?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

OK... remember, I cleared my cache yesterday. When I click "more reply options" this is what I see. Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing any options for attaching pics. Is it because I'm in this forum? (must be, becasue I just checked, and I see it in the off-topic forum)

Why are we not allowed to attach in here? I wanted to attach a pic yesterday to help the person who wasn't seeing the icons on the reply screen.

143368963.jpg

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

OK... remember, I cleared my cache yesterday. When I click "more reply options" this is what I see. Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing any options for attaching pics. Is it because I'm in this forum? (must be, becasue I just checked, and I see it in the off-topic forum)

Why are we not allowed to attach in here? I wanted to attach a pic yesterday to help the person who wasn't seeing the icons on the reply screen.

I think it's this forum, I can see the attach buttons in other forums like OT.

that's correct. I have enabled supported uploads to this forum now.

Thanks! I was starting to feel stupid, when you'd say it was there, and I wasn't seeing it... :lol

The new software looks great--I'm excited about being able to have a slightly larger avatar (that I can change myself). One thing I'm immediately missing is the ability to click on a thread and be dropped at the first unread post within the thread. Not sure if we lost that functionality or if it's a setting.

Click either the circle or star next to the thread title.

Perfect, thanks! I was hoping it was something simple. In the desktop gui, I clicked on the folder icon at the far left of the thread title (Win7/Chrome). On the mobile gui, the icons appear to be chat bubbles (android). I didn't see circles or stars, but your advice helped me all the same. :)

I'm also on Windows 7 and using Chrome (laptop) and until I cleared my cache at home, the circles and stars on the left were appearing as folders. I don't believe they are supposed to be folders, but the circles and stars instead. Might want to try clearing your cache.

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest greybookends

Jeff first off thanks for all your work. Most of the things others are having problems with I am clueless about, mainly because they are features I have never figured out or used so I am unfazed by them. I did have a couple of questions neither of which are things I can't live without, so if they do not change so be it. I mentioned earlier about marking a forum as read and instantly being taken to the forums page, this still is not happening. No biggy, if I have to make an extra click I am sure I will survive. Also I do not see the upcoming events and birthdays and such listed at the bottom of the page along with who is online right now. Will that be returning?

Guest june

OK, I have read through this whole thread so far. I'm so glad I did not try much before today. First, Jeff, I admire that you can do these things. The older I get the more I hate change, but I will adjust. But also, the older I get the worse my eyesight gets. I really aappreciate dampening down the bright whites. Because of my poor eye sight I use my Ctrl / scroll to increase the size of the print I am seeing. Never had a problem with that, but now when I have it large enough to read I get a bar at the bottom of the page and the whole page does not show from side to side. To read posts I have to center over the posts and thus cannot see the names/avaiars without moving the bar. OMG I just tried to use an emoti and instead of a list they are across the bottom of the page with arrows?????? Help! :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag You are the best, but is there something (not technical) that I can do about these things?

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow:bow :bow :bow

use a smaller font lol not much help with that one.

I see the issue, but not the cause at the moment. I'll see what I can find.

Seems to work fine if you enlarge it, and then change pages. The original page causes a scroll bar, but as soon as you move from that original page, it looks normal again. Unless you are using a HUGE font. Mine is currently set pretty big (150%) for testing and it looks fine.

Looks like 150% is the scroll limit, 175 and up cause a scroll bar.

Not sure what browser you are using, I use chrome and zoom enlarges everything, images included which looks to be the problem. If I remember right Firefox has an option to enlarge just text, and leave images alone. You may want to give that a try.

...I do not see the upcoming events and birthdays and such listed at the bottom of the page along with who is online right now. Will that be returning?

They are now located on the main page side bar if you have it enabled.