Merlin - Laudies Fancy And Stag

Guest StagnBob

Guest StagnBob

This has truly been an awful couple of weeks!

Our Merlin sadly went to the Bridge last Wednesday, he had been struggling with his back legs for some time and we finally decided he had had enough. Merlin was 13 1/4 and had been with us since just before his 10th birthday. He was a bounce and just wasn't settling, being back in kennels. Merlin was a loveable old boy, he never barked, but had a quaint 'huff huff' that he used to let you know a) he needed to go out, B) someone was on HIS bed) or c) any other reason he saw fit!!

Merlin loved the garden, in his last year or so he didn't go out for walks, his old body just couldn't handle walks, but he did love pottering around the garden, and he is now at rest in his beloved garden, next to brother Bob.

Merlin, in his beloved garden

SDC10032-1.jpg

Devistatingly, while we are making arrangements for Merlin, my precious Stag started with a limp. He went to the vets on 16th December and she did x-rays straight away. Although she couldnt say for definite, it wasnt looking good he was prescribed meds and we went back this Monday. My poor boy was in a lot of pain so further x-rays were arranged for yesterday. Sadly, the bone cancer had taken a fast track and spread quickly. My poor boy was in a great deal of pain and we made the difficult decision to say good bye to him.

Stag had never raced, he was set loose on the streets of a local town, to fend for himself, picked up by the pound and eventually found his way into our home and lives. Stag was a 1 in a million hound, with just two brain cells to rub together, he was the MOST loyal hound you could ever wish to meet, he was a velcro dog that fretted and peed if I left his side. He caused us much anxt over the years, theiving chocolate, batteries and human pain tabs to name but a few! I miss my boy sooooo much, he has left a huge hold in my heart that can never be filled. Rest in peace my dear boy, pain free at last, and with your brothers, Merlin and Bob xxx

Stag in happier times, GGG 2011

StagatGGG.jpg

All my love for my precious boys

xxx

Oh my word. I'm so sorry for your losses. Your boys were so handsome, and so very much loved.

Run with the wind, Merlin and Stag.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry for your losses. How sad, especially this time of the year.

Take comfort in knowing that your boys are at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am sorry for your losses. I lost two hounds close to each other so I can imagine how heavy your heart is right now. Godspeed Merlin and Stag!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for the loss of your boys. I can feel the pain in your words. :bighug

Run together with the angels Stag and Merlin, you are with the very very best ~

My heart hurts for your losses. Such wonderful friends you had in Merlin and Stag. Hold tight to those memories. :grouphug:grouphug

Godspeed you two fellows.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Many hugs. I am sorry for your loss of these two sweet pups so close together.

We hope Merlin and Stag are already playing together on the other side of the bridge.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

What special boys! I am so very sorry. Thinking of you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Knowing the pain of losing one, I cannot image how much losing two so close together must hurt.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so very sorry for your loss, and that both your boys had to leave at the same time. :( You were all so fortunate to have found each other, and I hope the good memories will help warm your heart.

:f_white:f_red:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Two devastating losses so close together---my heart is breaking for you. Your boys surely would not have known such happiness if they hadn't found their ways into your home and heart.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Merlin and Stag.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Lisa beatinghearts.gif The boys will be tucked so very tightly in our hearts, as will you be on this journey without them. You gave them the life and love many will never experience, and they knew without a doubt how much they will always be loved.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh my, I know the pain of losing two so close together. I'm so sorry for the loss of both your beautiful boys.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh my goodness, how absolutely heartbreaking, I am so terribly sorry :ohno:cry1 :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending :bighug from this side of the big pond.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg