Honey

MarcR

Honey was the first of the Joisey Girls, coming into my life in May of 2002. Chosen for me, she turned out to be my "plug-and-play" hound. Almost perfect in every way... unless you count the time she ate a candle.

Over the years, she welcomed seven other hounds to my home. Some were fosters. Some were fosters who never left. It never mattered to her. Honey willingly shared her home, her beds and her toys.

It took her some time to discover the furniture. Once she did, the couch was hers. When it came to my bed, she instinctively knew which side was mine and always respected that. Her spot was at the head on the right. If one of the others took that spot, Honey would refuse to come up. Instead she would retire to one of the dog beds to sulk.

At first, Honey had a dark, almost black muzzle. As she aged, her muzzle became gray and her eyes acquired a wisdom and gentleness that I found irresistible. And that girl loved her ear rubs. Her groans were nearly rated MA.

I knew this day would come, as inevitably as night follows day. But I was not prepared for the suddenness. In the morning, she was her usually happy self, eating her breakfast with her accustomed gusto. Late that morning, she seemed to have a bit of an upset stomach. She was panting lightly but didn't seem to be in great distress. The she became lethargic and when she showed absolutely no interest in a cookie, it was clear something was wrong. By the time we left for the vet, she could barely walk. At the end of the drive there, she was almost unresponsive. She was bleeding into her chest. I knew our journey together had come to an end.

The house will never be quite the same without my Doberman in a greyhound suit. I will miss you and love you forever.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XCCRFOggA[/media]

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tricolorhounds

Oh Marc, I am so very sorry. I know exactly how you feel :grouphug

... run free Honey, keep watch over your Daddy and your Sisters.

The sky is clear here tonight so as soon as I get home, the kids and I are going out to find Copper's star, we'll look for Honey's too :cry1

Guest hannahmom

I am so sorry Marc. A guiding light that shone that bright will cast some shadows when it leaves, but remember the light.

Godspeed Honey.

Edited by hannahmom

She was gorgeous and very much loved. The pictures say it all. I'm sorry she had to leave so suddenly.

Run free Honey. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Marc, I was so sorry to see Honey's name in Remembrance. She was a beautiful and loving soul who was clearly very much loved. You are so right - we all know this day must come but when it arrives, it is always too soon and it is with disbelief that we must say goodbye to our cherished friend. Your tribute to Honey was touching and lovely. May all those sweet memories of your girl bring you comfort.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm sorry for the loss of your lovely girl.

Godspeed, Honey.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry You've done a beautiful tribute and had many wonderful years together. However long we have, it's always too short.

Linda

Spring-siggy-with-Hana.jpg
Angel Gary (Hallo Smoke'em 2000-2013), Angel Molly (Kiowa Mysticrule 1999-2011) Linda, Hana, Sultan

Marc, I'm so very sorry. My heart sank when I saw Honey's name. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry ... it's so hard to let them go even when they've had a wonderful, long life and you have no other choice.

Rest in peace, Honey, loved and remembered always.

:f_red:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry. I can tell from your posts how you loved your girls. She was beautiful.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

What a beautiful tribute your wrote for Honey, Marc. I was so sorry to hear that she left you so suddenly. In watching your video, she seemed to get more beautiful as she aged. We are sending you and the Joisey girls a hug today. We know the pain you are feeling. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Marc, I am so sorry for your loss.

:f_red

Your tribute to her is so touching. How lucky you both were to find each other and to have so many years together. The wonderful memories of your time together will keep her with you always.

When the spring comes, I will plant a very special flower in her memory - close to her sister Pinky. Run free beautiful Honey - you will be missed but always remembered.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest PiagetsMom

Marc, we're never really ready, whether it be sudden or whether we've prepared for it. It's always easy to see what a great home your pups have, and how much they're loved. Honey was a beautiful girl, and I'm so very sorry that you've lost her :grouphug

Oh, Marc, I am so very sorry. What a life Honey shared with you and the Joisey Goils. I know how much you will miss her. :grouphug

Godspeed special girl Honey :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:cry1 Oh, no.:cry1 Marc, I am so sorry! Your tribute was beautiful and reflects your mutual admiration. Godspeed, Honey. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry, Marc. The video tribute is beautiful. Oh, those soulful eyes. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Lovely tribute for your lovely girl. May all your wonderful memories bring you comfort. I am so sorry. She is missed.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Marc, I always said that Honey's "mature" pictures remind me of Bessie, and I love her contemplative expressions.

Your celebration of her life says it all. She was special. She opened your life to the world of greyhounds. She was loved. She will never be forgotten. She will forever hold that one spot in your heart that cannot be touched by any other being.

You know that I am by your side, feeling your pain, sharing your grief.