Good Thoughts For Bandit

Bandit is a 12 yr old Springer-Pointer who has always been full of life.

She did agility for a few years and is also a Therapy Dog...been visiting the oldies for 11 years.

She has been a bit off and on her food for a few days and developed some minor breathing issues over the weekend.

This escalated over night and we spent an hour at the E-vet at 2am.

They gave her a calming medication and she had a comfy night (well---really it was early morning by then!)

They did not do an xray --- she sees her regular vet this aft....but they agreed with my gut feelings.....this is the begining of heart failure.

Any good thoughts you can spare for our little gal would be appreciated...

Thanks....Nancy

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Nancy,

Good thoughts for Bandit. I hope it's nothing serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh Nancy when you said she was having trouble breathing I thought maybe heart problems but I was hoping NOT. Bandit I hope the vet can give you something to help make breathing easier. Nixon you & Ruby take good care of Bandit. :bighug

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Sending good thoughts for Bandit and hugs to you. :hope

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Sending warm good thoughts for Bandit and for you. I hope the vet will find something treatable so that Bandit can have more happy active years with you.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Sending prayers and gentle scritchies for your pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Nancy when you said she was having trouble breathing I thought maybe heart problems but I was hoping NOT. Bandit I hope the vet can give you something to help make breathing easier. Nixon you & Ruby take good care of Bandit. :bighug

Yes, I did too Nancy.

Hugs to you and Pap. I hope the medication can keep her comfortable.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Okay...we're home from the vet with both good :) news and bad :( news....

Good news is her heart seems fine....no enlargement.

Whew.

We have had multiple Dobies over the years and they are 'world famous' for their heart issues. And the first symptom is shortness of breath.

Without doing a more invasive exam they cannot tell if her Mitral valve is wonky, but based on the physical exam, they feel it is fine.

But the bad news is Bandit has pneumonia.....which is not REALLY bad news.

Her temp was normal at 2 am, but slightly elevated at 4 pm today.

Her poor lungs looked just awful on the film. They were quite surprised that she was not more short of breath and had no coughing.

The Vet says most pneumonia in senior dogs is bacterial- not viral - which is good.

So, she's on Doxy and Lasix. Re-xray in 2-3 weeks.

And the sweet little girlie is feeling so very sorry for herself ...and we know lots of extra treats are a cure for that!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hoping the meds have her feeling better soonest!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Those good-news-bad-news visits can be trying. Glad it's something very treatable. I hear ice cream is good for pneumonia!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly