Steak

kamsmom

Guest avadogner

This has beenn such terrible week of losses here. I am so very sad to see Steak has gone to the bridge. I always enjoyed his pics and stories. My heart breaks for y'all and I will pray for your family. Too mamy loved hounds have left us lately.

-ava & augie's mum

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreyLaw

I am SO sorry to hear about Steak's passing! I cried when I read your post. My Miss Meadow passed last Saturday from Osteo. Im sure she and Steak are having fun at the Bridge.... My prayers are with you.

Oh, Beth. :( I've been off line all day and then come in to see this sad, sad news. I'm so so so very sorry. :(

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Beth, I am so very sorry for your loss. With the love you shared, I know Steaky will always be with you.

I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me

I'm still here, though you don't see.

I'm right by your side each night and day

and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.

I'm everything you feel, see or hear.

My spirit is free, but I'll never depart

as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-

I'm the brightest star on a summer night.

I'll never be beyond your reach-

I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around

and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.

I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,

The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,

The first warm raindrop that April will bring.

I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,

and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,

you can talk to me through the Lord above you.

I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,

and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep

and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.

I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.

Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Author Unknown

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

I'm just devastated for you. I really thought he had turned the corner, or at least was on the path to recovery. I will never forget your sweet silly boy, curled up in your lap like a baby on the beach, so clearly content to be there. I wish I had better words to bring you comfort right now but I'm just so shocked. A virtual hug is so inadequate but until I can give you one in person... :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest KennelMom

I saw this yesterday when I was checking GT from my phone and my heart just shattered :( Sending hugs to you :grouphug Such a wonderful hound, I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye :cry1

Godspeed, Steak...

Oh Beth, it is just so hard to grasp that the seizures came back and Steak is gone. I am so very sorry for your loss. So many losses this month - many very special hounds that we all feel as though we knew them even if we never met them (or their owners!). Steak was one of those. :crying

Sending huge hugs your way. Many of us are grieving right along with you and all the other GT's who have recently lost their hounds. :grouphug:grouphug

Guest cristaron

I'm so very sorry Beth. You went through so much with him and he was

doing so well.

Another beautiful star in the night sky to watch over his heartbroken

mama...

Rest well sweet one, you deserve it.

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

OMG, Beth, I gasped when I saw Steak's name. You've been through so much during your short time together. I'm so very sorry :f_red

So did I.

How horrible. I know how devastated you must be. He was a beautiful dog. Run free Steak.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest 4dogscrazy

So sorry to hear about Steak, his journey has been heartbreaking to watch from afar. I too was hoping he had turned a corner. My condolences to you and your family.