Steak

kamsmom

Guest CampWhippet

I am so sorry to read this. Having a siezure dog here it is certainly something we think about.

I am very, very sorry and saddened for you and your family.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no! I am just seeing this. I am so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Steak.

My Italian Greyhound died many years ago of a massive seizure. Like Steak, she had not had one in a while and we thought we were out of the woods...then she had a massive seizure and passed away.

This is so terribly sad. Steak was too young.

Rest in peace, sweet boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

OMG I am just seeing this now :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I am SOOOO sorry Steak is gone!!!! I know how hard it was going through all the seizures :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I know Rainey was there waiting for him and he is now seizure free too at the bridge :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest kelli123

Oh no im am so so sorry for your loss, I loved hearing the stories and looking at steaks photos, I will always remember him. This is so Hard. I am truly sorry my heart breaks for you . Huggs .

Guest greytgrandma

just catching up on things here after being away for 2 weeks. My heart dropped when I saw Steak's name here. Hugs to you and your family. :grouphug

I am so sorry Beth.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh my goodness - I've been away for a week and was so shocked to see Steak's name in Remembrance. I had followed his previous threads and am so very sorry that the seizures finally got the better of him. I don't really know what to say, except that you have my sincere sympathy. Love that last picture of you both together.

Rest in peace, Steak :brokenheart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Oh no, I'm only just seeing this :ohno:cry1

Your boy was so amazingly handsome and I loved reading about him, although it was heartbreaking to read about his seizures. I remember when you first brought him home. I am so terribly sorry he had to leave :cry1

:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest wmlcml6

I never realized until re-reading this thread just how many people knew who Steak was. He was a kennel favorite, for sure - one of the coolest personalities ever. I remember giving Beth the third degree when she said she wanted him. We couldn't send such a special dog to just any home. I'm so glad she passed my test, because I know Steak had the love and care he so deserved with her and her family.

I doubt we will ever understand why our beloved are taken in the prime of their lives. It is simply unfair. I also know most of us (all of us?) wouldn't trade the time spent with them either and will continue giving our hearts 100%, regardless of the amount of time we get with them or the pain we will suffer when they leave us.

I think Steak would be very happy to know that you all enjoyed him so much while he was here. We miss you, Steak. XOXO