Steak

kamsmom

:cry1 Words are just insufficient. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Sending you lots of love.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 I'm so very sorry. :grouphug:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

So very sorry for your sudden loss.

I followed Steaks seisure thread a few weeks ago and was so happy to read how well he was doing.

:bighug

Run free, Steak...

:gh_run

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so sorry. You are all in my thoughts.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I couldn't believe when I saw his name. I am so very sorry for your loss. Such a sweet boy. October has been very cruel.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest IrskasMom

Oh NO , not another one. I am still Heartbroken from all the other ones like Frankie , Piaget and Bee .Please be assured there is no lesser Grief for Steak and I am so truly sorry for your Loss.

Run Free sweet Steak :f_red:grouphug:f_red

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest TheDoggfather

Too many of my dogs are leaving us :(

This absolutely sucks... and what makes it suck even more is how he never had this issue when he was with us. Makes no sense. At all. Steak was a funny oy from the day he came to our kennel. He didn't come with a kennelname - all we had was his racing name, "CTW Well Done". We struggled to come up with an appropriate name for such a big hunk of hound for quite a while. I started calling him "Big" simply because he was, well... big :wub: Then of course, Cathie came up with the name that was as obvious as the nose on our faces - Steak. The name stuck and it fits him.

A couple stories that come to mind - soon after we got him from the Spring Auction in 2007, we were out for one of our morning walks. Well, a truck goes driving by - and while a good bit away from us and in no way close to being a danger, blew its horn at someone and Steak flipped out, backed out of his collar and was streaking towards Bill and the group of dogs that he was walking. All I could think of was "...OMG, a $17,000 dog just got loose from me!..." - he ran straight to Bill and all was okay :) Another time, when I was raising/training the pups on the farm, Steak was out in the farm kennel recouperating from an injury. That's when I found out about his HATRED for mopheads! Yes, mopheads. Could never figure it out... he never had an issue with us sweeping the kennel floors around his crate, but, maaaaaaaaaaan, as soon as he saw us begin mopping he'd go ballistic.

And then, of course, when you came to Jacksonville to pick him up after he was retired. I'll never forget how thrilled and excited you were to be there to get your boy. You had perma-grin the whole time... and really, who could blame you? You were getting set to bring home one incredible dog.

While losing a boy like him isn't easy and it sucks beyond description - we have to be able to find solace in the fact that the boy will never have to suffer through those goddamned seizures anymore.

I love you, Steak... be good big fella. heart.gif

I am so very sorry.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest greytfulhounds

OMG, Beth!!!! I am soooooo sorry!! My heart is broken for you, your family & sweet Steak! :cry1

Godspeed beautiful boy, hope you are running with the angels!

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Beth, I was so shocked and saddened to see Steak's name in Remembrance. I have always loved his photos in your posts and followed his battle with seizures, praying that he had been stabilized. You have done everything humanly possible to help him - seizures are a terrible illness to control. This boy truly loved you and it was clear in all his photos that he knew how much you loved him back. It is fitting that you were snuggling with him just this morning and that you held him close as he slipped away from you. My heart goes out to you at this time of grief. I wish I had better words to say to heal your heartache.

Sweet Steak - run free and seizure free at the Bridge.

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Beth, my heart is breaking for you and the girls. I'm just shocked. Poor Steak. I'm so very sorry.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.