Steak

kamsmom

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always loved seeing pictures of your handsome boy. Terribly unfair, but he won't have to suffer any longer. Godspeed Steak.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goofydog

Beth, you and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers a you deal with this horrible loss. Godspeed Steak.

Edited by goofydog

40d7c4e7.jpg

Sandy Paws, 2010. That was the only photo I ever got of him doing his patented toofy grin at you. :wub:

Know that my heart is utterly broken along with yours. I dearly wish I could be there for you in person, my dear friend. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

my cuddling picture of you and steak:

1042374263_N9TRF-M.jpg

not even as good as what you have.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest Pat2003

I have followed your journey with Steak from the beginning and every time you posted a picture my heart stopped because he was one of the most handsome greys i have ever seen. I am so sorry for your loss.

First Ringo and now Steak. I met both of those boys when I was looking for a brother for Flower. Both taken too young. :cry1

I'm so very, very sorry.

Godspeed Steaky-Steak. We will all miss your silly grin. :gh_run2

Oh Beth, I am so so sorry. I was so happy for you at Dewey when we were talking about him going 6 weeks with seizing. I really hoped things were under control and you and Steak would continue to cuddle for years to come. My sympathy goes out to you, Bruce and the girls. How terribly sad.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

October sucks for many of us......your Steak will be in good company. I'm very sorry :sad1

Sad but true. I'm very sorry, Beth. :(

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I saw your post on facebook and still that title did me in.

I'm so sorry Beth. :f_yellow

Godspeed Most Handsome Steak :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I loved seeing pictures and hearing about your boy. I'm so sad for you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest dizzyLu72

Goodness October has kept the bridge busy... So sorry to hear about Steak.. the picture of you two is adorable. Wishes for strength and healing as you go through this tough time. Run free Steak!! Keep Bee and the others company!

:f_red:grouphug

Oh No!

I am so desperately sorry. He was far too young, far too special, and had done so well for the last few weeks. I really hoped he had turned the corner for good. My heart breaks for you and your family.

Godspeed Steak.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo! nononononononononono! My heart is screaming, my mind reeling. Oh, this is just the worst! There are so many GTers that will be devastated as this news spreads. My prayers go out to you and your family. The love we all had for Steak is only surpassed by the grief we now feel. Godspeed, dear, dear Steak.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh no, my heart dropped when I saw Steak's name here.

Beth and girls, I am so sorry, and I Ioved reading about Steak and seeing his photos in which he is smiling. Hugs to you all.

:grouphug

Amy & Maddie

ETA as I can't spell through the tears

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest tricolorhounds

oh no... just opened greytalk and saw "Steak"... my heart sunk :cry1

I'm so very sorry that you didn't have longer with your special boy. He will be remembered.

... run free Steak, free from those nasty seizures :gh_run2

Guest wmlcml6

You know how I feel, and I don't have any words that seem good enough. Steak was awesome. A beautiful boy inside and out. And that smile of his was spectacular and made every human who saw it smile right back at him. My comfort is that he'll never have another seizure again. But I sure will miss seeing you and him together. What a bond you had. {{{HUGS}}}}

OH NO!!!!!!!!! I SAW STEAK'S NAME AND YOUR USER NAME AND I'M SHOCKED TO THE CORE!!!

So deeply and utterly sorry to hear you lost your precious boy....

f_yellow

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose