Steak

kamsmom

Thank you so much everyone. I'm overwhelmed. Steak is... was, one of those dogs that people just gravitated to. I loved him so much. When I first met him we just connected. He was my buddy from the first day. People teased at how much of a mamma's boy he was. He didn't care. I will miss his 5:30am wake up calls and his talking. We had so many conversations, the kids used to tease me about it because at times it seemed he actually understood me. I will mostly miss the cuddling. He would lay beside me and curl that big long body all around me to make sure every part was touching. He would lay in my lap and put one foot on my chest as if he were hugging me. He was just a great dog. He made me laugh and would lay by me all night as I cried or was worried.

I'll never ever forget the joy he had running around the baseball field or walking on the trails with me as he searched for loose bunnies. He had the most expressive eyes and they could melt you to a puddle of goo.

He was afraid of loud noises, thunder, rain, but he had a small bathroom that he could retreat to. Often we would just sit together on the bed in the bathroom and listen to music or he would watch me play on my phone. Visiters would come over and would happily use the guest bath and just shut the door and pat him on the head. (I'm sure he was embarrased to have to "watch" everyone :P)

Most of all I will just miss petting that sweet face. This morning I just kept petting his sweet, sweet face and rubbing his ears. He loved when I would massage his ears. It's going to be tough at the house for a while. It's just never going to be the same.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zombrie

I was so shocked to see his name here :( :( I am so sorry Beth. I know how hard it is, especially so unexpectedly. My thoughts are with you and your family :grouphug

Run seizure free with my buddy Manny :gh_run2 :gh_run2

I am so, so, so, sorry that Steak had to leave you.

I followed his recent seizure troubles in H&M and had hoped that they were under control.

Handsome & Special don't seem to be quite enough to describe him. You were blessed to have had him in your life.

Rest easy, big guy.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest 2Brindles

I am so sorry you lost your dear boy. It's never easy, and there is never enough time. Run with the wind Steak :gh_runner

Edited by 2Brindles

Guest Downtownhoundz

40d7c4e7.jpg

Steak and I were cuddling this morning on the couch as we often did. He had a seizure at 8am. Today would have marked 7 weeks seizure free. In 45 minutes time he had 8 more seizures and in the 5 minute drive to the vet he had 3 more :(. When we arrived his temp was 107 and they immediatley started to cool him down, started a valium IV and administered valium rectally. He had gone through an entire bottle of valium and was still seizing on top of it.

My heart is broken into a million pieces right now. I was able to hold him and pet him until he was gone and then the vet let us stay together for a while longer. He has the softest fur ever.

He was such a handsome boy and I told him all the time.

I love you buddy.

Oh My gosh, How terribly sad !!!It seems like only yesterday that you were bringing him home!I'm so very,very sorry! XXOO

IMG_7647.jpg

This sucks.

I met Steak (and Beth) on the beach in Rehoboth in Dewey 2010. He was handsome and sweet. I took a couple of pictures of him so I thought I'd post one here.

DSC_0102.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss of your sweet boy.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Crying so hard right now. My heart breaks with yours. It's always been so clear that you and Steak had a deep real, real love. He was one of my GT crushes, too -- a cuddler, a true loving long dog. He has been so fortunate to be loved by you, and I hope you find comfort in the love you shared. I so wish he could have stayed with you much longer.

October is sucking....way too much sadness for me. I was so hoping those 7 weeks were a good indication that things were turning around for Steak. I am so, so sorry that it just wasn't the case. He was such a handsome boy who obviously loved you more than anything. Rest well, Steak Boy.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Just seeing this. :o I'm so, so sorry to hear about Steak. I have loved him from afar from the 1st time you posted about him. :wub: He was magnificent to look at; and sounds like one of the most special creatures ever. Your love story makes us all feel so good all over; but, now this, has us all hurting along with you.

Sending hugs & prayers to you & your sweet girls that you find some peace with this devastating event.

Sending my hope & prayers to Steak that he's running pain-free and bounding around with his well-earned angel wings :angelwings giving grins & hugs to every old friend he comes across.

He will forever be remembered.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest K9_Lady

:cry1 There are no words to say how truly sorry and sad that I am for you. Steak had the most wonderful family ever and he was loved. He will be missed by all but he will be in your heart forever :paw:heart

God speed Steak…

"For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart."

By Cate Guyan

Beth, I'm so sorry to learn you've lost your lovely boy. I'll be thinking of you all.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

:weep Beth, I am so shocked... and so very sorry. I know how much you loved that beautiful boy :weep

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers