Hi! My Name Is.........

Hollis

Maci!!

5c01167c.jpg

It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. My first family sent me back after I lived there for 5 years! FIVE YEARS! But this very nice lady ( :blush )came and picked me up all the way in New Jersey with a friend of hers. Here's me on the way back to CT.

54f7b84a.jpg

I was very good in the car and didn't make any noise or anything. And at one point I stood up and surprised the nice lady with a kiss on the nose, just to thank her for getting me. Well, also to let her know I wouldnt mind if she was my new mama. ;)

Here I am looking at the kennel that was to be myverytemporary home.

a44cdd7a.jpg

And what do you know! Just a week late that nice lady came back with ANOTHER very nice lady and we went for a little walk. And that's when I REALLY put on the charm! I showed them that I give TONS of kissies. That if I want to be petted I'll put my head right into your hand thankyouverymuch, and that I HUG. Yup! And the first very nice lady knew the second very nice lady was a goner when the SVNL actually ASKED me to give her a hug! The FVNL NEVER thought she'd EVER see that!

Here I am with FVNL, doesn't she look happy? (SVNL doesn't like the flashy box but maybe I'll figure out how to fix that.)

0b9ba233.jpg

So it was decided that I could go home with them, but not right away because they were going on a trip with my brother and sister to be but they promised me they would be back.

(their story gets kind of sad here because my sister to be had an accident while they away and they found out she was sick and made they very very very hard decision to make her not be in pain or fear any more. But they talked a lot while they were away and they think that maybe my sister to be might have been an angel sent to them to keep my place until I was ready to come home. And they were so glad they could be HER mamas for a while. Here's a picture of her. Wasn't she beautiful? )

6fbea563.jpg

So they came home from vacation and surprised me by picking me up a whole day early!! I got to meet my brother Norm! and didn't have to worry about my little brother and sister right away because they were still on their vacation.

Here I am snoozing between FVNL and SVNL.

0df9f612.jpg

We all had a good night even though I was tethered to FVNL all night and she grumbled this morning about how much her back hurt from sleeping in her recliner. But then I did this....

2b7bcd3c.jpg

And she said her back didn't hurt any more!!

A little bit later FVNL left and came back with two more siblings for me!

Here I am with my new sister Honey and Norm!

af98ec6e.jpg

My brother Dash was sleeping on his pillow not to far away.

Now here's where I have to learn to be very good. My first home sent me back after I did something not so nice to their kitty. But my new little brother and sister are DOGS not CATS and I'm sure I know the difference. Yes I wagged my tail really hard when they came home but I did the same when I met Norm! so really, I think it'll be ok. I did get a little grumbly when I came home from getting a bath but SVNL said NO and FVNL put my muzzle on (it's hot pink! Bought just for me!) and that was the end of that! I will probably wear my pretty pink muzzle when we all go outside, just until I get used to everything.

So I only have a couple of more pictures of me so far, but I think that there will be many more taken. I have NO FEAR of that flashy box. Matter of fact, I pretty much have no fear at all! (heaven help FVNL and SVNL.).

Here I am with my brother Norm!

2db168a5.jpg

I look a little worried but I was just watching SVNL.

Here I am with my after dinner cookie.

c6b515a3.jpg

I took it very gently from FVNL and brought it back to my pillow. I thought I would save it until later but it doesn't work like that here because of my greedy siblings so we'll try that cookie again later. Besides. I'm watching my girlish figure. FVNL had me weighed after my bath and I weigh a whole 52 pounds! AND I'm actually I little over weight! And that should tell you what a tiny little thing I am!

And here I am all curled up for the night. It's been a very busy 24 hours and I am soooo tired!

6ff75160.jpg

9d2e367a.jpg

0cb69945.jpg

FVNL is very silly and tried to pictures from all sides. I don't know why, I look the same no matter which side because they are ALL my good side!!!

And finally here I am with my new blanket on. I have to be very very careful with it because it belonged to my brother Tanner and then my sister Bree. It is a very special blanket!

b7686703.jpg

I think it might be a magic blanket because it made me soooooo sleepy.....

581bc195.jpg

I think that's just about it for now. Oh! Wait! Let me tell you the things I taught FVNL and SVNL so far! They now know about hugs and helicopter tail! They know what it's like to have someone follow them ATALLTIMES! They have learned what it's like to be held captive in that little tiny room with the special chair. I can get good lovies in there. They have nothing else to do so really I'm HELPING them so they don't get bored. They know what it's like to have a little nose stick between their legs, but really I was just trying to get my muzzle off. Oh! And they've learned that I CAN get my muzzle off all by myself. And then I poked SVNL just to show her how smart I was!

So that's it. I think I may like it here. And I think I should call FVNL and SVNL my mamas from now on.

I think they would like that. I think I would too......

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

:confetti :confetti :confetti Welcome Home Maci!!!!:confetti :confetti :confetti Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest PhillyPups

:confetti WELCOME HOME BEAUTIFUL MACI :confetti

Bree did good picking you out for your Mamas. p:)

You are one beautiful little girl, please, please, please do not eat your siblings, it is not polite sweetie. :

:confetti Welcome home Maci!! :confetti Your mamas are sure lucky to have such a pretty girl to help heal their hearts.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:yay :yay :yay

You are in the right place at the right time with your mamas, Maci Grey. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:yay :yay :yay

You are in the right place at the right time with your mamas, Maci Grey. :)

Hi. My name is Maci. Maci Grey!

This is exactly what we had in mind when we named her. DP has always wanted to name a hound Maci, for obvious reasons. When I picked her up and again when we went back to see her she didn't respond at all to Katie and as much as I wanted her to have something that was still hers, it just seemed like her old name didn't really matter. So Maci Grey she is!

We had a good night. We always baby gate the littles in the front of the house and the GREYT in the back of the house with us. So everyone was safe all night. We were up at 7:30 for our first out, but that was at Norm!s! request. I think she would have just kept sleeping.

Still not sure what she makes of the littles. Honey is moving very slowly these days so I'm not super worried about her. Well I'm worried about HER but not about Maci and her. Dash, or Tenacious D as he is not so fondly called. (Think Dammit Arrow.) is a spaz!! He does this really irritating run and bark and run and bark and run and bark until he gets what he wants. This is either going to be a really good thing or a really bad thing. Maci and Dash will either be play buddies.....or not!

So here we are. Later today I will bring downstairs to the family room and see how she feels about cuddling on a couch with me. We actually don't even have couch upstairs anymore so there's no place to cuddle. Although I was told she likes sleeping in bed which DP does NOT approve of but now that she's 3rd shift........... ;)

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Welcome home, gorgeous Maci! Sounds like you are going to be so happy with FVNL and SVNL and your new siblings. :) Wishing you all many many many years of happiness together!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest giantsfan

I met the pup formerly known as Katie at Eileen's and am so happy that she's found her way to you! She really is so sweet! :wub:

I will keep my fingers crossed that the little ones don't interest her too much as anything other than playmates.

I met the pup formerly known as Katie at Eileen's and am so happy that she's found her way to you! She really is so sweet! :wub:

I will keep my fingers crossed that the little ones don't interest her too much as anything other than playmates.

Did I meet you? :blink: I'm really so bad at remembering people.

Maci has really blossomed. VERY outgoing. VERY energetic. VERY lovey. :)

Just what the doctor ordered!

We're just being super cautious with the littles. Part of the problem is really us. We've never had a gh this......this.......well, like this!

Tanner was shy. Norm! Is a grumpy old man. Bree was a true spook, and really, we think in pain the whole time she was with us. She rarely came out of her room and showed zero interest in anything. So to have a greyhound that is active and interested and happy and bouncy and and and....

Yes. She will be keeping us on our toes! :P