Mutti 9/1/01-9/1/11

Patsy

I lost my black and white tuxedo kitty Mutti ("Moo-tee") yesterday on her 10th birthday. She'd been off her food. My wonderful vet took x-rays, didn't like what she saw, and did an emergency exploratory. When they came for me wayyy too quickly, I knew the news must have been very very bad.

And it was--cancer all over her liver and environs, plus something on top of the cancer that Doc Carol had never seen before--granules of some sort. Trust Mutti to be slightly not-normal--it was the story of her life. I told Doc Carol to take whatever samples/whatever she needed to figure out what was going on--in the hope that might help some other kitties some day. She left us on the table, of course.

We know her birth date since her mother produced her litter in a cardboard box at the local NAPA store where our next door neighbor's oldest daughter worked. Fast forward two years and she was removed from what had turned out to be an abusive home and was back next door. We adopted her and the rest was slightly neurotic history.

She spent her first couple weeks with us under one of two desks--desks which only cleared the floor by no more than 3"! I had no idea a 2 year old cat could fit under there! I felt a little silly in the morning when I would change out her food and water dishes (specially closen to be very squat dishes, of course) and push the new ones under whichever desk she was under that day . . . . but eventually she decided that we were truly a safe place and she came out. To the end of her days she hated loud noises and despised fireworks, she'd nip without warning if something got to be "too much" for her, and woe onto anyone who ever tried to touch her blindingly-white tummy.

She was happiest lying in a patch of sunlight or on my tummy when I'm reading. In winter she'd sleep on top of me at night--when the weather got warmer, it was the end of the bed for her. She had a lovely gravelly purr and felt that no newspaper should be read without a kitty's head protruding toward you under the bottom edge. Enjoy your sunbeams, chase the birdies, and eat to your heart's content, sweetie. Your mama misses you terribly.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I'm saddened to hear this Patsy. My own Mom, Patti, lost her cat, Mutti, to cancer this year also. They both has rough starts but found their way to the people they belonged to.

Edited by larock

Imagine--another Mutti. My Mutti came to us as "Moogey" which simply had to be changed--but it needed to be something close. A dear friend of mine suggested Mutti, thinking of Ricardo Mutti, orchestra conductor at LaScala Opera House.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I am so sorry.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Tuxedo kittehs are the best. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She had a wonderful life with you; I wish it could have last much longer.

Godspeed Mutti.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It's amazing the spaces a frightened cat can fit into, isn't it? I made the mistake of turning my first Siamese kitten lose in my condo right away, and didn't see him again for days! Like you, I pushed food and water under the bed (where I'd last seen him) and I knew he was eating it, but I couldn't find him!

I'm sorry she had to leave you so soon. It always hurts to say goodbye even when they're too sick to save.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I'm so sorry for your loss. Mutti was lucky to have found her way to you & live the life she deserved. I'm sorry it was too short. Godspeed Mutti! flowers_yellow.gif

(I used to be friendly with a woman & her mother, when we'd be walking our hounds at the park. Greys for me, IG for her & a deerhound for another friend - what a sight we were! Anyway, she always called her mother Mutti (I think they were German). She was a lovely woman & I'm sure your kitteh was too.)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

What a wonderful tribute to a special kitty who captured your heart. I don't think she could have found a family who understood her and loved her more than yours.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious little Mutti.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown