Roo And Otis

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

So...it has been a month since Roo passed. Its an empty time...no noise in the house...no toys lying about....no stray dog kibble crunching under my bare feet...no water from the last water bowl guzzling scattered about the kitchen floor ...to make a midnight fridge run treacherous. The realization that this time is inveitable when you have a pup.

I got Roo's ashes back last week from the Vet. I brought her home....set her gently on the table and went to a far back corner of my closet.... and brought out Otis' ashes...still in the box from the Vet. Its been over three years since Otis passed..I didnt want him in an urn and I didnt want to let him go. But now... I knew... Roo and Otis could be together.

This week I am up at our Lake home.... and I will walk deep in the woods today. Otis and Roo will be with me. We will head out and go to the top of the highest hill...where the sun is shining warm and bright and there is a heavenly breeze blowing straight in the direction of the Rainbow Bridge.

I will open the boxes and lift their ashes high..really high.... and they will catch the wind...and run the best race of their lives....no muzzles...no leashes...no gates or fences...they can chart their own course to the Bridge. They will know when they have arrived by the cheers and howls of all those magnificant pups that have preceded them.

Goodbye Roo and a Belated Goodbye Otis....you are in the finest place and in the best of hands. God Speed my Pups....God Speed.

Here is a link to a video tribute to Roo

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/lds001/Roo%20Tribute%20Video/?action=view&current=VictorianRuler2011.mp4

Edited by WarmheartedPups

Guest roselle

So...it has been a month since Roo passed. Its an empty time...no noise in the house...no toys lying about....no stray dog kibble crunching under my bare feet...no water from the last water bowl guzzling scattered about the kitchen floor ...to make a midnight frig run treacherous. The realization that this time is inveitable when you have a pup.

I got Roo's ashes back last week from the Vet. I brought her home....set her gently on the table and went to a far back corner of my closet.... and brought out Otis' ashes...still in the box from the Vet. Its been over three years since Otis passed..I didnt want him in an urn and I didnt want to let him go. But now... I knew... Roo and Otis could be together.

This week I am up at our Lake home.... and I will walk deep in the woods today. Otis and Roo will be with me. We will head out and go to the top of the highest hill...where the sun is shining warm and bright and there is a heavenly breeze blowing straight in the direction of the Rainbow Bridge.

I will the boxes and lift their ashes high..really high.... and they will catch the wind...and run the best race of their lives....no muzzles...no leashes...no gates or fences...they can chart their own course to the Bridge. They will know when they have arrived by the cheers and howls of all those magnificant pups that have preceded them.

Goodbye Roo and a Belated Goodbye Otis....you are in the finest place and in the best of hands. God Speed my Pups....God Speed.

RUN FREE ROO :gh_runner:bighug

Here is a link to a video tribute to Roo

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/lds001/Roo%20Tribute%20Video/?action=view&current=VictorianRuler2011.mp4

I will open the boxes and lift their ashes high..really high.... and they will catch the wind...and run the best race of their lives....no muzzles...no leashes...no gates or fences...they can chart their own course to the Bridge. They will know when they have arrived by the cheers and howls of all those magnificant pups that have preceded them.

These words are beautiful and perfect. Godspeed, Roo and Otis.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

That was a beautiful video. I miss Roo and Otis a lot.

Linda, you are all in my thoughts today. Fly free, guys!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

That was one of the most touching tributes I have ever read! Now to go find a tissue... maybe two, might need an extra for the video that I haven't yet watched.

Edit: Watched the video. Yup, needed the tissue. Beautiful video! -- and I am entranced by her ears -- must have got television AND illegal satellite transmissions with those!

Run free, beautiful girl!

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Your words and pictures are a beautiful tribute to Roo and Otis. I am glad they will be with you on your walk today.

Run and play, beloved pups, and rustle the leaves a bit so your momma knows you are right there, always.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug:kiss2 This is the best I can do, as there is something in my eye.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, Linda :grouphug

I miss them both so much, I always enjoyed hearing stories about Roo and Otis. What a wonderful gift; the imagery of them flying off, free as can be, no leashes or gates or fences ... Godspeed, sweeties, Godspeed

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

:grouphug :grouphug Beautiful Tribute!!!!!, Enjoy the peaceful walk, that is a Awesome way to spread their last joy and together!!!! :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:weep:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

You gave them the ultimate gifts - love of life and a life full of love. "Release The Hounds"! That's what I would be hearing on the top of that hill, followed by the thunder of feet slapping the ground and the rooing for the sheer delight of it. Godspeed Roo and Otis.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug

Hope you had a truly wonderful day with your hounds.....

Nancy, Nixon, Bandit & Ruby

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Beautiful tribute.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Two beautiful dogs, so deeply loved and missed.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

What a beautiful final tribute for your babies.

That feeling of emptiness in the house is so difficult to cope with.....thoughts are with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.