Sara Is In Surgery Right Now

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Guest Yankeegreyhound

I dropped her off this morning. She of course, jumped right into my truck with no problems. Made me think a second but then, at the vet, you could tell she was uncomfortable and not bearing any weight on the leg.

Thank you all so much for your support. My husband read through all your posts last night. He is 100% behind me with this now. He said his issue is, he doesn't want to have to do it at all however, he knows there is no other option.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for sweet Sara. And I'm so glad your husband came on board. (GT is priceless this way.)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

sending many prayer! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I think you guys made the best possible decision for Sara and I would have done the same thing. You guys will be in my thoughts today and in the coming days as she recovers.

Sending lots of healing thoughts...Sara will be back to her happy bouncy self before you know it...after all, she has us GTers praying for her.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending prayers that Sara will do just fine---with the surgery, and with a quick, uneventful recovery. Gentle cyber hugs to your sweet girl.

Try and get some rest before she gets home---you will need it. The first few weeks are the roughest as she acclimates to life on 3 legs, the anesthesia and pain meds leave her system, and you deal with the healing of the incision. Don't be surprised if it gets worse before it gets better. But it WILL get better!

And keep us up to date.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

More good thoughts for Sara. I hope all goes well. The first two weeks are a little stressful but after that, they are moving like they were always on three legs.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Just heard and Sara is doing OK! She said she'd send an update as soon as she gets a chance.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Just heard and Sara is doing OK! She said she'd send an update as soon as she gets a chance.

Oh that's good news - I'll been thinking about her all day. smile.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis