Cake- Sassy Star

Guest greydogluvr

OMG, you are indeed living everyone's nightmare! I have no words to say other than how sorry I am to hear about your heart-wrenching tragedy and to encourage you not to let the guilt eat away at you. Your pups know you loved them very much!

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a firefighter's daughter, I understand your nightmare. I wish there were words to take away your pain and guilt. It was not your fault, and is a terrible tragedy. Sending prayers for you and your family. Godspeed Cake & Gussy.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

I'm so sorry...how sad.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lora, I cannot find the words to express how sorry I am for what happened. Please do not think you let them down. Horrible, terrible things happen in life and this is just one of those tragedies.

Please be kind to yourself. I will send prayers for peace for you during this terrible time. I'm so, so sorry.

:nod

Run Free sweet babies. :bighug:cry1:bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I'm so sorry for your loss. Cake is at peace & I'm sure she'll help you work through this. Godspeed Cake! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Lovey_Hounds

I am so sorry for your loss Please do not blame yourself this insn't anything you could have prevented, She knows you love her and wouldn't want you to be hurting so badly and blaming your self. :grouphug it was one scary accident.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on this most devastating tragic loss, but please don't blame yourself; your loving pups would never want that for you. Run free, sweet angels

How incredibly sad. I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Cake and Sassy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My greatest fear. I'm so sorry that you lost your girl (and her buddy).

Please stop thinking that you let her down. No one could predict what would happen and even if you had monitoring it may not have saved her. You loved her and that's all she cared about. Please remember the good times and do your best to let go of the guilt you are feeling. It will eat you up. You loved her and she loved you. Hugs to you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh my how horrible.:grouphug Please don't feel any guilt! There is nothing you could have done. When it is their time to go to heaven they go and nothing can stop it. "In whose hand is the life of every living thing.." Job 12:10 They KNOW how much you loved them and that it was out of your control. Sometimes I think particularly loving people sometimes get "used" so to speak, to provide for and love such angels whose time will ultimately be cut so short. I'm so sorry for such a tragedy as you have experienced. God bless you.

Cake and Gussy be happy guys- play and romp- you are safe in His arms- and loved always.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red

This is such a sad tragedy. I am so sorry for your loss of Cake and Gussy. Please know you did not let them down, you had no control over this.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

My friend,

There is just no making sense of any of this, but I do know that you would lay your life down for your pups, and Cake knew just that. You know she did!

And she has some very special Angels taking good care of her, and your son's little pup. You are in my thoughts and my prayers and know, I am always on the other end of the phone, day or night.

God speed baby girl, for you truly know what it is to be so loved. Please watch over mom and help her now with her very broken heart

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless