Indigo Huckabee

onrushpam

Run with the wind sweet boy. We tried to save you, but failed.

Huckabee collapsed in a schooling race on Saturday and then lay in a crate for more than a day before anyone tried to help him. We got him last night and rushed him to the vet.

We did our best to save him, but it was not to be... He came around and stood up, but was completely blind and deaf... brain damaged. He woke up in fear and confusion and panic. I'm so sorry to have put him through that... but we were trying to help him!

My daddy grew up in a little long-gone Missouri town called Huckabee. So, it figures this boy was meant to come to me. I just wish I could've saved him.

He and my Archie died together today and are chasing rabbits at the Bridge.

Archie lived the best life a dog could ever ask for from the moment he was born to the moment he died. He was always loved, always cared for, never wanted for anything.

Huckabee lived a far different life. As much as my heart breaks over losing Archie, I am just F***ing MAD about what happend to Huckabee. I never want to see/smell/touch another dog in the condition I found him.

I'm spittin' mad. He deserved the life my Archie had and he never had a chance.

Damn it! NO DOG DESERVES TO DIE THE WAY HE DID!!!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How horribly sad.....and for you to have two losses at the same time - though very different - each devistating in their own way....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

That is dreadfully heartbreaking....your words speak volumes. He deserved so much better and I hope he is running free with all the other pups especially Archie.

Huckabee, I am so sorry, you deserved so much moe.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PiagetsMom

It's not always fair or right, but you were there for Huckabee and did the best you could for him.......thank you :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

Poor boy! Thank you for doing what you could for him. :f_white

Run free Indigo Huckabee. Nothing can hurt you now. :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

{{{{{Pam}}}}}

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:weep

Thank you for being there for him.

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Thanks for trying to give Huckabee the life that every greyhound has earned and deserves.

I'm sorry about Archie. Perhaps Huck needed him to guide him.

Hugs, Pam.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

You're right, he didn't deserve to die that way, but during his last moments he was loved.

I totally agree with this. Pam - don't short change this thought. Regardless of how bad off he was, he was wrapped in genuine caring and love. And that was an amazing gift. Thanks for doing what you do Pam.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Godspeed Huckabee.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

At least your arms were around him at the end and he was finally safe. :f_red

YES that is the important thing. He actually did win-he crossed over a much loved pet thanks to you and will never be forgotten.

I share your anger over the circumstances- I just don't understand how......no words.

My deepest sympathy.

Run free sweet Huckabee. You are a much loved pet now- running free, happy, healthy and finally happy.

Edited by racindog