Indigo Huckabee

onrushpam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I am so, so sorry your boy has passed away, and my heart truly goes out to you at this time. A tragic loss, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for Huckabee.

He is running free now, no fear, no pain, just happiness.

Sending you cyber hugs,

Sherry

Godspeed Huckabee! flowers_yellow.gifweep.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

• 1 year later...

Indigo Huckabee made his mark today.

He helped insure the person who allowed him to suffer so much will never be allowed stewardship over another greyhound.

It was a long time coming, but it finally happened.

I'm hoping Huckabee is waiting for me at the Bridge, running free, healthy and happy...

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

{{{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}}} You tried to help, and it looks like you succeeded, at least for some future Huckabees.

Rest well, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug Pam. I missed this the first time around as I was helping LadyBug to the Bridge that very day. My heart goes out to you and to that sweet Huckabee. He knew he was loved, thank you so much.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so glad to hear Huckabee's death was not in vain...so sad though that it took so long though. Thanks for the update

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am sure you are right-it was meant to be that Huckabee found you. Because of you, he won. He crossed over as a much loved and never forgotten pet whose name will always be remembered-the prayer of every greyhound. It is sad he never enjoyed the life he could have but he finished a winner in every way. God bless him. And we may never know the why's that Archie had to leave at the same time but I'm sure it too was meant to be. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red

I feel your pain and anger, but please know that Huckabee felt your presence and your love in his last moments. Thank you for making sure that the person responsible will never be able to endanger another life. I am so sorry. This is one of the saddest tales ever.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Indigo Huckabee made his mark today.

He helped insure the person who allowed him to suffer so much will never be allowed stewardship over another greyhound.

It was a long time coming, but it finally happened.

I'm hoping Huckabee is waiting for me at the Bridge, running free, healthy and happy...

I just heard the news about the %&(#&%*(#&% too (had worse words but it took it out). SOO glad he will never touch another greyhound, EVER. I didn't realize Indigo was from this kennel.

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh no, my heart is breaking. I'm so sorry for what happened. I'm glad you were with him at the end. He no longer needs to suffer.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I've always remembered Huckabee's terribly sad story, and how you tried to help him. At least he felt loved and cared for when his time came, and I'm glad that now at least a little justice has been served.

Angel Huckabee, you are loved.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France