Gremlin ~ Greys Gremlin

Guest PhillyPups

Pat, I well remember you telling me that you were picking up Gremlin and coming straight to the farm that Sunday after GIG, and could we bath her? I know dogs coming off the hauler are often smelly and dirty. I was all prepared with the supplies. We were pleasantly surprised to find that she was clean with no critter infestation. She seemed so at home on the farm, despite the crowd of people and other dogs, all strangers to her.

What a joyful 21 months you had with her! I also remember how Gremlin just took little Moe under her wing, allowing Moe to stay glued to her side during her fearful moments. Watching the two together, it was so obvious how Gremlin guided Moe.

Yes, your home may be quiet at the moment. There is no doubt in my mind that she will pop in to help Moe and check in with the rest of you. She wasn't one to let a job unfinished!

We all feel the loss. Maxine sends her condolences.

May all the joyful memories soon replace the sorrow.

hugs, sue :grouphug

:f_red

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug Feel your heart Pat...she's with you

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 There is nothing like a feisty old broodie.

Godspeed Gremlin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Ohhh, I am so sorry that Gremlin needed to leave you. We just never have enough time with them and they take our hearts so quickly. Sending hugs to you. Run free sweet and beautiful Gremlin.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry The Time arrived :weep ! It always does, doesn't it --- Gremlin's personality was so much like my Callie's (Harley's niece)... and she only stayed with me 10 months.... wouldn't trade a minute or do a thing differently! but it always hurts so much. Pat I'm sending extra hugs and light and healing thoughts! Bless you for opening your heart to the special golden greys, male and female -- and for accepting the special gifts they have to give you -- even though the time always seems too short. I love you my friend.. in my prayers.

Pat, I am so sorry. Keeping you and Gremlin in my thoughts and prayers.

Bless you for taking her in, sight unseen, and loving her and giving her a wonderful life during the time you had together. Gremlin will be missed by many. :heart

:grouphug:f_pink :f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Miss Pat Gremlin spent most of her years on the breeding farm, but she spent the best years with you. I remember meeting her like it was yesterday. It was at GIG you open the door the first one to come greet me was Gremlin, then Donnie and Anna. Slowly Moe came close to gremlin and then to me you told me that was a first for Moe. After Gremlin found out I had no treats she ignored me and went about her business. I'm sure shes looking out for her sisters and brothers and kids from above.

Tony

Pat,

I have been thinking of you all weekend.....I hope that a bit of Gremlin's spirit (and yours) has rubbed off on all of us - as we should all face life - and its most difficult decisions - with the same "carpe de Chikken Fut" approach that you and Gremlin did as she prepared for her final journey. My boys and I were lucky to have had a glimpse into that great personality of hers through the club conversations.

My you find some peace in the joyous memories that she left with you....

Robin

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Adrianne

I am just seeing this, and I am so, so sorry. What a touching tribute to the spirited and sassy Miss Gremlin. The Seniors are very, very special, aren't they?

:f_white

Edited by Adrianne

Pat,My heart breaks for you, I know the love you had for Gremlin was strong and true. I am so very Sorry. But KNOW YOU WILL SEE HER AGAIN ONE DAY. I truly believe our babies will be at the bridge waiting for us to cross. Please know I am here if you ever want to talk, I know she took a piece of yor heart with her. :grouphug :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run RUN FREE GREMLIN :f_red

Your Tribute is Beautiful! :f_red:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh, Pat, I disagree---you found the perfect words in your tribute because the love you shared shines through so clearly. No one understood her better, appreciated her more, or loved her so deeply. And no wonder---what a unique and special soul she was. I know you will say that you are the lucky one, and that is true, but how wonderful Gremlin's senior years were. She was able to have the life she deserved, to be the dog she was meant to be, because of you.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gremlin.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown