We Lost Our Boy Tally Today

phall

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tally had a long, wonderful life with your family, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Please also convey our condolences to your dear husband.

:f_red:grouphug:f_red

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Tally has a very special place in my heart too Pat. He was in fact the spookiest greyhound I have every known. We fostered him for, I can't remember, but I think it was almost a year. When we wanted him to go out, we would open his crate door as he cowered in the back, then we'd open the back door to the house and wait for him to make a break for the back yard. He'd follow one of the other dogs back into the house, only if we were nowhere to be see.

My happiest memory of Tally was after he'd been here for about six months. I was raking leaves in the yard. Tally had been hiding behind a bush, which will forever be known as Tally's bush. Both of our other hounds were out there too. As I took a breather from raking, I felt one of my hounds slip his head into my hand. I stroked the proffered head absentmindedly for a couple of seconds then looked down. It was Tally. I was so shocked, that tears started to flow down my face. It was the first time he had ever willingly approached anyone in our household.

We took Tally to his first Dewey back in 2000. (I believe it was 2000). He hid out behind us for that whole weekend, but, you could tell that there was some little bit of joy in that terrified boy.

With Pat and Howard he found the most wonderful home, and the best family ever. Every year since then, Dewey became more and more his most favorite place in the world.

Those of us who knew Tally really loved him. That spooky, terrified boy turned into a confident old gentleman. We're all going to miss him.

I am so sorry Pat and Howard. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of him.

Edited by greydogs

STILL MISSED: TEDDY"Ted Sarandis" 8/18/92-7/3/2001..WILLOW 2/21/95-10/12/05..MAGIC "Special Dark" 9/20/93-10/3/2002..STEELY "Sport Connection" 8/1/90-7/2/04.. BARNEY "Pa's Sad Eyes"8/1/93-5/9/07..ALLIE 6/96-10/17/08...MR. BRITT "Cedarun Brett" 8/1/02-7/15/11..HARPER"Dashin Along"1/11/01-3/12/12..CAVAN "Pat C Cavan" 12/29/98-6/19/12..WHISPER"Ecstatic Events" 7/11/01-10/7/13..Lilly"Mimosa Maria"4/27/02-6/23/14..NELLIE"Afteraracenellie"5/21/2000-7/7/2014...SANTOS"Galgo" 2000-7/10/15..MOLLY"JWC Molivia Girl"3/18/02-3/6/16..

NewLogo.gif

I am so sorry for your loss of your boy. It sounds like he really found his home with you both and made your lives richer.

Run free Tally, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh Pat,I am so sorry to hear this. Tally was a very special boy. May your wonderful memories of him help to ease your pain.

Thinking of you, Howard, Faye & Star....

:angelwings:gh_run

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Oh dear, Pat!! I'm so very sorry to hear this. How can it be 10 years? wasn't it just yesterday.... :( I honestly feel like you were just telling me about getting him, errr... deciding to keep him.

Sometimes on this journey we meet greyhounds and people who become -- so central to this whole Greyhound-people way of being. Tally was a wonderful boy, but he was also a presence--- it feels really sad from where I'm sitting to know he's gone. Much sympathy and a huge lot of healing light...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost Tally. It sounds like he was a very special boy.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

cry1.gifgrouphug.gif I'm so very sorry.flowers_red.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

A happy, long life...it's very thing we all wish for but it never seems to be long enough. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

God Speed Tally.

I am so sorry.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug He's sounds like such a very special soul. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Tally... go run like the wind with the angels. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown