We Lost Our Boy Tally Today

phall

It's with great sadness that we had to let our sweet senior boy, Tally, go today. Tally would have been 15 in May. He was a tough boy right to the end. Over the last few weeks Tally had a very difficult time walking - he'd gotten very lame, and over the last few days his breathing was becoming increasingly labored. We knew it was time to release him from a body that just got old.

Tally holds a very special place in our hearts. He was a very, very shy boy (the shyest I had ever met) who, ten years ago, came to stay with us for a few days while his foster dad, Michael McCann, went out of town. Needless to say, Tally never left. In a few short days he endeared himself to us - we could see little bits of the dog inside behind the shyness. We learned so much from Tally. He's the one who made shy dogs a special attraction to us.

Tally loved to ride in the car - it was his favorite pass-time, especially as he got older. But his biggest love was Dewey Beach! Somehow he always knew when we turned the corner on Highway 1 into downtown Dewey. He'd get up in the van and stare out the window with a huge smile on his face. He just loved it there! The last few years he wasn't able to walk on the beach, but he still enjoyed the company and just being there. Dewey this year will be bittersweet for us.

My husband is having a particularly hard time over the loss of Tally. They were best buds - amazing as Tally was initially very fearful of men. But they had something special between them.

We will miss this handsome boy. Even with Star and Faye here, our house is very quiet.

Pat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

Pat I am so very sorry. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Tally, you are with the very very best.

I know the feeling of enptiness, even with 4 here. :bighug

It was you and Tally and Michal and Nancy who gave me the courage to take on my own spook Pat. I was thrilled to meet you and Howard and Tally in Dewey so many years ago. That boy had a life so well lived and so well loved and so long with you. I am sorry he had to leave you.

Rest well Tally. You will never be forgotten. :gh_run2

I'm so sorry for your loss

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, special fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry Pat. I remember you telling me about Tally, when you were so kind and sent me endless emails back and forth teaching me about Greyhounds. It's never easy to lose a dear friend.

Susan

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest greymama002

So sorry for the loss of your most precious boy. Many the many wonderful memories he left you with, come to soothe :brokenheart the gaping hole in your heart.

Run free most beloved angel, Tally :angelwings:gh_run

I'll miss Tally so much and amazed at how he came to trust and love you and Howard. He really blossomed with both of you. I'm thinking of you all today. Tally is now running free with Toby, Sarah, and Chick.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."