Osteo Thread

:goodluck for James.

Jess, you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear your Lucy update. I am SO glad she's doing so well! :yay:pinkele

Any Tiny updates?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH LUCY!!!!!! :yay :yay :confetti:clap:banana:rivethead:pinkele:headbang:gh_bow

(I think I went over my emoti limit!)

Good thoughts for James!

Hugs for all today!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:yay Lucy!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Jess, greyt news about Lucy!!! I knew it was only a matter of time. You'll notice that with Chemo, not all sessions seem to affect them the same. At some point Lucy may become lethargic after a session but don't worry, she will bounce back!

Julia, we'll cross our fingers James gets into the study.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thought I would post a couple pics of Dude taken today. He's 2 months and 2 days post amp and doing fine!

2616521770013527144S600x600Q85.jpg

He's kind of stnading at afunny angle here, but you can see his amp pretty good.

Here's a good shot of him!

2059083550013527144S600x600Q85.jpg

He's been a real sassy pants the last few days - extremely normal for him!

Hope you all are dong well! Hugs to all!

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest roselle

Now I see why he's called Dude, He's a handsome Dude. His surgical site looks grayt. So happy he's sassy again, go Dude. Roselle and Gracy :banana:bounce1:yay

Dude looks fantastic! Glad to hear he is acting sassy.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Chris, Dude looks greyt!!! His amp look identical to Charlie's as it is his back left as well. Just curious, did Dude ever have an injuries in that leg? Charlie's Osteo occurred exactly where he had an injury and one used to be able to see his stitch marks.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Chris, Dude looks just FANTASTIC :kiss2:heart:yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:yay Dude! He looks great!

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Chris, Dude looks greyt!!! His amp look identical to Charlie's as it is his back left as well. Just curious, did Dude ever have an injuries in that leg? Charlie's Osteo occurred exactly where he had an injury and one used to be able to see his stitch marks.

Not as far as I know. In fact, last Spring/Summer we had an OS scare in his front right shoulder - eventually determined to be a soft tissue injury, but it seems it was foreshadowing something anyway. If I'd had a choice, I would have preferred the break to be on the other leg. He had a broken toe amputated about four years ago on the side so now he only has three toes on his one remaining back leg. That leg has never recovered all the muscle mass from his extended time in bandages so he has times when it gets tired and his back end just sort of sinks down. I'm hoping he'll build up strength once we can be out and about in the yard more.

I actually showed pics of Charlie to my DH before we did the amp. They look remarkably similar! I hope Dude will follow in Charlie's pawsteps!

Hugs to all on this First Day of Spring!

Wow, Dude looks awesome.

Tiny's leg is puffing up. He is still tenaciously hanging in there, though. I can tell when he feels good and when he's doing poorly. His eyes are bright and round when he's OK, and they get squinty and watery when he's in pain. If he was human you would say he was crying, and maybe that's what it is.

Yesterday some neighbors came over to see the hounds while they were in the yard (greyhounds are an oddity in rural South Dakota and people come just to gawk at them). He hopped over to his basketball, brought it back and proudly showed it off. It's his favorite possession. He can't play with it anymore, but he can still carry it around and present it for everyone to admire.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Sending gentle scritchies and a kiss for Tiny. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:wub: Hugs to Tiny :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest snakes

Just a curious question for everyone here:

have you noticed while walking your pups with osteo that sometimes at the start of the walk they limp a bit more than once they have walked for a few minutes or a certain distance?

Just a curious question for everyone here:

have you noticed while walking your pups with osteo that sometimes at the start of the walk they limp a bit more than once they have walked for a few minutes or a certain distance?

Yes, that was definitely the case with Neyla. There's inflammation involved with osteo so I think they're just more stiff and sore until they start moving around more. A friend always told me the opposite - muscle injuries are worst when the dog first gets up, bone pain gets worse as the day goes on, but that was never my experience. On days when Neyla was limping, it was always worse when she first got up.

Hi, Just popping in with a little update on Jamey. He's still with us, 21 and 1/2 months post amp, but he is slowing down. His cancer has been back since last September. We can hear it is in his lungs when he exerts himself. He's got no butt muscles left as he lays on the couch or a bed 23+ hours per day, surveying his kingdom, as we call it. But his spirit and will to live is so strong, we do what we need to for him- bring him his food and water, take him out to potty on a leash, and carry him inside if needed so he does not need to go up the steps, which is not that often right now. He is not in pain, as soon as we see that we are ready to give him his wings. But his attitude right now tells us he is not ready for them yet.

Good luck to all the Greys who are facing this battle!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest roselle

Hi, Just popping in with a little update on Jamey. He's still with us, 21 and 1/2 months post amp, but he is slowing down. His cancer has been back since last September. We can hear it is in his lungs when he exerts himself. He's got no butt muscles left as he lays on the couch or a bed 23+ hours per day, surveying his kingdom, as we call it. But his spirit and will to live is so strong, we do what we need to for him- bring him his food and water, take him out to potty on a leash, and carry him inside if needed so he does not need to go up the steps, which is not that often right now. He is not in pain, as soon as we see that we are ready to give him his wings. But his attitude right now tells us he is not ready for them yet.

It's great to hear that Jamey is still fighting this monster. Gracie is also a couch potato, so we do 2 20 min. walks/day to keep her legs strong. 21 1/2 months is terrific. Keep up the good work Jamey. Roselle and Gracie. :confetti:D

Wow! We'd slipped to page 3! Hope that's a good sign that everyone is doing well or holding their own and has nothing to report.

Dude continues to be his sassy pants, pirate boy, snuggle-bug self! Third chemo is next week.

Hugs to all!

:yay for Dude!!

Tin, I saw your post on COG as well and am sad that Jamey is struggling. I have been amazed that he has done as well as he has since the cancer came back in the Fall. As I have stated, he is a true warrior and a brave soul. Almost two years post amp is an incredible feat and I hope you still have some good days left.

Riley attacked Tiny. He sees Tiny's weakness now, and sees his opportunity to seize the alpha position. When Riley first came home Tiny was still able to put him in his place and I thought that would be the end of it. Now that he's going downhill, he doesn't scare Riley anymore. Everyone was enjoying chew treats. Riley decided to grab Tiny's treat. Tiny growled and snapped at him. Riley tore into him. I was there in seconds to break it up and Riley turned and ran as soon as he saw the look on my face (must've had snakes coming out of my hair) but in just those few seconds he managed to put some pretty big gashes into my old man.

Tiny is going to be OK, surprisingly without stitches, but I'm sure the gashes hurt and he's more afraid than anything. He's aware that he's no longer the alpha, and that must sting. He cried all night, but by this morning he seemed to be feeling better and in a better frame of mind. He keeps his distance from Riley, and Riley ignores him. Everyone is in turnout muzzles now. I am working with a behaviorist to resolve this so that everyone can be safe.

I feel sick. This is not how my sweet old man was supposed to spend the last few months of his life.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

So sorry this happened to poor Tiny. Hope he feels better and heals up quickly.

You might need to isolate him for his own safety - set up an x-pen or crate for him to hang out in.

Hugs to all this last Monday in March.