Osteo Thread

Way to go Dude!!! Fingers crossed everything goes well today with the x-ray!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LUNGS ARE CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

OMGOMGOMG!!!!! I'm so relieved! Hardly slept last night. So happy my boy passed this milestone!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Is it real corny to be sitting at my desk, sniffling and wiping happy tears away? Oh, Dude, we are THRILLED THRILLED THRILLED that your lungs are clear. There is no stopping you now, brave Pirate!

P.S. Lydia is FRILLED FRILLED FRILLED!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

OMG, I got chills reading your post!!

I'm so HAPPY AND RELIEVED for you all!!

:banana:pinkele:bounce8:pepper:mexi2:rollin:offwall:yay:confetti

LUNGS ARE CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

OMGOMGOMG!!!!! I'm so relieved! Hardly slept last night. So happy my boy passed this milestone!

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Fantastic news!!! :bounce1 Way to go DUDE!

Chris, I hope you got Dude something special! We always pick up an ice cream for Charlie, yeah I know it's not good for him but you know, there's a whole lot worse going on. So he gets an ice cream after every checkup/blood test/x-ray.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Usually a Mickey D's hamburger. Today was a egg Mcmuffin!

He's home and I think we've decided not to do anymore chemo. We're going on vacation to celebrate! Beach - Dude's favorite place! - here we come!

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hi all, I'm back and getting back into the swing of things. Really happy to see that all of the amp pups are doing well and getting those all clears on the lung x-rays! :yay Jess, how is Lucy, I don't think I saw a recent update from you although I may have missed it?

Saturday was 4 months that Neyla has been gone. It was a really rough plan ride back the following day. I had been so preoccupied with preparing for my last minute trip and then busy enjoying the trip, but when I realized I was coming home again to only one dog, it was pretty tough. I still don't know when this gets any easier. :(

But, I don't want to be Debbie Downer. I just got back from a freaking 2 week trip to Australia for crying out loud! :lol And it sounds like everyone is holding steady here, which is great news!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Welcome Home Jen! Hope the trip was awesome!

You guys should see Dude here at the beach! He love love loves it! More energy than all the rest of us put together.

Got part of a video and am taking lots of pics! (Won't be able to post them till we get home as there's only dial up here.) He does get quite a bit of attention - which he loves. He's such an ambassador!

Popping in to see how everyone is doing. I had to stay away for a while. It sounds like things are going really well!

Found this photo of Tiny. This is one of the last I took of him.

IMG_8768_1.jpg

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

That is a picture to treasure. Thank you for posting.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest roselle

Popping in to see how everyone is doing. I had to stay away for a while. It sounds like things are going really well!

IMG_8768_1.jpg

Look at that face, pure angel.

That's a great photo Kristen. :grouphug

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing and to give an update on Lucy. Her fourth chemo was supposed to be Monday, but her white count was way too low (this happened with the third chemo, too, even though they decreased the dose). So, back home we went with antibiotics. We went back today and the count had come up enough for her to get the treatment, but they cut the dose back even more and we still have another 5 days of antibiotics to finish up.

What's weird is that even when her count was at the lowest it's been, on Monday, she was still a bundle of energy. The oncologist actually went back to double check the results because she was so surprised. I decided to work from home on Tuesday to keep an eye on her in case she started acting lethargic, and she spent the whole day trying to get me to stop working and play with her. :lol

She's such a good girl at the vet - the techs and doctors always tell us what a good patient she is, she just lays there and lets them do their thing, she doesn't get stressed out, they don't even need someone to hold her. The clinic was unusually busy today so we had to wait in the main waiting area for her bloodwork to come back (usually we hang out in an exam room). I put her blanket on the floor and after a few minutes she flopped down and let her admirers come to her. :lol We were near the front door and apparently, very few people can walk past a three-legged dog laying on the floor without coming over to love on her. She was in heaven!

We're going to do two more treatments, and at her next appointment, she'll be getting chest X-rays for the first time since the surgery. :hope I'm already having serious anxiety over that.

sig_border.jpg
Always missing our angel Lucy, a four year osteo survivor.

:yay:yay:yay Yeah Lucy!

I totally hear you! I was a mess the whole week before Dude's chest xrays. I can't even begin to tell you how happy that "all clear" phone call made me! :D

Also understand about the 3-legged dog thing. Dude doesn't go anywhere without attracting attention! He's so bouncy and friendly and everyone wants to come and pet him!

You guys should see Dude here at the beach! He love love loves it! More energy than all the rest of us put together.

Got part of a video and am taking lots of pics! (Won't be able to post them till we get home as there's only dial up here.) He does get quite a bit of attention - which he loves. He's such an ambassador!

Enjoy your vacation Dude! Make sure you take lots of :digicam

IMG_8768_1.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful soul. :bighug

We're going to do two more treatments, and at her next appointment, she'll be getting chest X-rays for the first time since the surgery. :hope I'm already having serious anxiety over that.

So happy to hear that Lucy is acting silly! :gh_bow

Callie is getting her 4th chemo tomorrow and with it comes the dreaded chest x-ray. I've been a nervous wreck all week, unable to concentrate and really irritable. I just want tomorrow morning to be over with and everything to be ok. I don't think I breathe again until the oncologist comes back to the waiting room and tells us it was normal. Seriously, last time she told us that I breathed a big sigh of relief and then zoned out and didn't hear much of what she was saying after that. I guess she doesn't know how terrified I am waiting for the results.

Will post more tomorrow. Night everyone.

Edited by brindlebaby

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

:hope:hope:hope

For Lucy and Callie!

Dude and us will see his oncologist next Wednesday to talk about what happens now. Chemo shots, supplements, xrays and whatever else. He had an AWESOME time at the beach. Will post pics and vids when I catch my breath.

Hugs to all! Please let us know what the results are!

Kim, we'll have both Callie and you in our thoughts today. The dreaded x-rays are very stressful and I hope all goes well.

Chris, where's pics of Dude at the beach??? It's been approximately 9hrs from your last post. :D

Sending good thoughts for clear x-rays for Callie! :goodluck

And agreed, where are those Dude beach pics?! :angel

Coming! Coming! I took over 200! Takes a while to upload!

Here's an out take. Don't tell Dude. He'd be mortified!

2938303540013527144S500x500Q85.jpg

Guest juliagulia630

Just got back from the oncologist for James' 3rd Caroplatin treatment. Xrays show mets in his lungs. We opted to bring him home, dicontinue treatment and spoil him rotten with Mcdonalds cheeseburgers and ice cream. We feel good that we gave it our best shot but of course incredibly sad. James is 9 years old today. What a birthday present. He has been with us for 7 of those years and we have cherished everyday. I vowed to not cry until he has left us since it does no good for anyone. Thanks for all your thoughts during this time.

I'm so sorry. What a good mom, tho, to focus on cheeseburgers and ice cream. Gentle hugs for yourself, and a happy birthday to your gallant boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just got back from the oncologist for James' 3rd Caroplatin treatment. Xrays show mets in his lungs. We opted to bring him home, dicontinue treatment and spoil him rotten with Mcdonalds cheeseburgers and ice cream. We feel good that we gave it our best shot but of course incredibly sad. James is 9 years old today. What a birthday present. He has been with us for 7 of those years and we have cherished everyday. I vowed to not cry until he has left us since it does no good for anyone. Thanks for all your thoughts during this time.

:( I'm so sorry to hear that, but agree with Batmom. You're great parents to bring him home and spoil him rotten. Take lots of photos and videos, you will cherish them. I hope you have a lot of good time left.

Love the Dude outtake. :P