Princess, My Soulmate

Hope, I gasped when I read this!! I'm so happy for both you and Princess~!!!!!! What a journey this has been :)

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible news! I hope the final report bears that out! IBD can still be a miserable road to travel, but there sure are more options than with lymphoma. :) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh my gosh, what great news! You at least now know what you're dealing with and they can put a plan in place to get her through this!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

No advice, but a ton of loving, healing thoughts.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Dr. Townsend just called. The final path report isn't in yet, but the preliminary report doe NOT show lymphoma. They're thinking IBD.

After eating a little today, she is refusing to eat again. They are tube feeding her. Tomorrow they will put in a feeding tube so we can start getting maximum calorie food into her. She is so cachectic and wasted that we have to get food into her. Then they will transfer her care to Internal Medicine, where they're more used to dealing with IBD. I'm sure they'll start Pred, but they can't do that until the full thickness biopsy sites have healed more.

She may be able to come home on Friday afternoon! and then go back for followup with Internal Medicine.

It seems that the gall bladder really was a separate issue.

I'm so relieved that it's seeming that this is something that can be managed. I know that my girl has a very strong will and a very strong spirit.

Yes, she does! What wonderful news. I am so happy for you, Princess, and your crew. They will be so glad to have their sister back home. I know you'll feel better when she is home as well.

Hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

What wonderful news! Looking forward to hearing that she is on the way home and a plan is in place for her treatment.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Still praying for a clear biopsy and a quick recovery. Hugs to everyone and prayers with healing white light going out to Princess.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Glad to hear the news! Ibd is not a fun ailment (been there) but, I'll take it over cancer any day!! Ask about maybe using budesonide rather than pred--- way less side-effects.

Second that. Spencer has been on budesonide for two years with his IBD and done splendidly. The best part is that it doesn't cause weight loss the way pred can! The worst part is the fur loss, which is only an issue if, like Spencer, the dog has pretty thin fur to start with.

Glad the mysteries are clearing up and Princess will be able to come home -- with no cancer! :colgate

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I've been trying to do this update for almost two hours. I talked to Dr. Townsend, Princess' pathologist. My girls blood tests are getting worse. Her liver values are continuing to go up, her bilirubin is now over 17, and her cholesterol is going down, so it looks like she is in liver failure. She obviously won't be coming home tomorrow.

When they put in her esophageal feeding tube this morning, they went ahead and looked farther down. The biliary stint is open and bile is draining into the intestine. They're going back to take a closer look at the liver biopsy, and her case will be taken over by Internal Medicine. Final intestinal biopsy results look more like non-specific inflammation than IBD. I guess we're back to not really knowing what's going on, except that it does not look good.

OK, I put it in words, so I guess it must be real. Please continue your prayers and good thoughts for my girl.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap.

Praying hard, Hope.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

i am so sorry that this update wasn't better, hope. princess is in the best possible hands at OSU. we are thinking about both of you.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

This has been a roller coaster ride for you and your girl. Praying that they can find out exactly what is wrong so that it can be treated.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Oh no! Keeping fingers crossed for Princess.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh crap oh crap oh crap.

Praying hard, Hope.

I can't say it any better than that.:(

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee