Princess, My Soulmate

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're still thinking of your little girl. I am glad she is home with you, just wish you had more answers.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Home! I'm so glad.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She's home!!! Yippeee! May the healing arms of love surround her in your home and speed her recovery.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

The spirit of these pups never ceases to amaze me. The student-vet brought Princess out to Hope. After a quick potty break outside, Princess climbed up onto the padded bench to snuggle with Hope while we waited for the vet. Then, Princess curled up and slept next to Hope in the back seat on the way home. About 5 miles from Hope's house, Princess picked her head up and started watching out the window. She knew where we were headed. :wub:

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I'm so glad she's home. Maybe now she can relax and begin to heal.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Princess update:

From OSU discharge - "Based on Princess' blood work and histopathology findings we are strongly suspicious that she is currently in liver failure. The fact that her total bilirubin and ALP increased and her cholesterol decreased after removal of her gallbladder are less consistent with an extrahepatic cholestasis and more consistent with liver failure. We have placed Princess on several hepatoprotective medications to improve her liver function. We are placing Princess on two broad spectrum antibiotics in case there was an underlying bacterial infection and to prevent an ascending infection of the liver. Long term prognosis for Princess is very guarded to poor and will depend on her response to medical therapy and if she is able to get adequate nutrition and maintain or regain her weight. More importantly, her bilirubin needs to improve, which will reflect better liver function."

I am trying very hard to remain optimistic. Her weight has dropped from 41 pounds on Friday, Jan 7, to 34 pounds today, and she definitely is weaker. But she is tolerating her feedings well. We're done with everything today except one more feeding, her evening anti-nausea pill and her prednisone.

I am grateful for everything OSU has done for her and for their kindness and concern. I especially want to thank Jane and Carol, and RobinW for steering us to OSU. And thank all the rest of you for your continuing prayers. Princess and I are both glad that she is home with her Mom and we're both still fighting this.

Will continue to keep Princess in my prayers. Hopefully the steroids will help.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Continued prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You both continue to be in my thoughts :grouphug I'm glad she's home where she belongs. That's probably the best thing for both of you.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Princess}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Home, love, Mom, meds are everything a girl needs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Are you giving her Denamarin??? I'm glad she's home with you-- I'm sure she is too!!

Yes, she's getting Denarmin twice a day. I had her on SAM-e and milk thistle before.

She's getting Denarmin and Ursadiol twice a day, without food: Clavamox and Tramadol twice a day, with food: Prednisone, Batril and Vitmin E once a day and Ondansetron and Pepcid twice a day; and sub-Q Vitamin B12 weekly. Eating Max-Cal, diluted with water to thin it, 60 ml 4 to 6 times a day today, moving up to 90 ml tomorrow, then 120, then 180 ml. She'll be getting blood chemistries done by my vet and faxed to OSU on Thursday if all goes well.

She's tolerating the feedings and the tubed meds very well. She is such a GOOD girl, and very easy to work with. She's drinking water on her own. Yesterday she pee'd in the hall, this morning she asked to go outside.

The other dogs are being very good with her, so she's back with her pack as well as with her Mom.

She's very weak, but again, I'm trying to remain optimistic and just give her all the love I can, along with her nursing care.