Princess, My Soulmate

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sending more prayers for your sweet Princess!!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thinking of you two this morning. Still praying.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Where to start?

I just got home from having the leak in the tire fixed, so I can get to OSU safely. And just got off the phone from my most recent call from OSU.

Bottom line is: No one has been able to figure out what's going on with Princess. They had a big conference this morning with Surgery, Pathology and Internal Medicine. Her bilirubin has continued to rise (0.2 0n 12/23, 6 on 1/2, 11 on 1/7, over 17 last night.) Her liver enzymes continue to be sky high, and her cholesterol is still falling - all signs of liver failure. But all the biopsies that they did on Monday have only mild, non-specific changes. Liver biopsy does not look like liver failure, and no sign of fatty liver. Her pancreas appeared normal when they did the surgery, and biopsy unremarkable. The duodenal and jejunal biopsies came back with only non-specific inflammatory changes, not lymphoma and not diagnostic for IBD. When they put the esophageal feeding tube in yesterday, they went back and looked at the duodenum again, and the stent in the bile duct is draining.

We've ruled out anything infectious that we could think of. Tick titers, fungal titers, etc all negative, and she's been on antibiotics since 12/19, when she first stopped eating. She has not had any vomiting, and her stools have been consistently normal consistency and color. And she doesn't act anywhere near as sick as her labs make her look. As the Internist said earlier today, no one has told this girl she's sick.

They've started feeding her, small amounts through her feeding tube and are switching her meds to oral. She's tolerating the feedings much better than they expected, given her extreme wasting. I think they'll start steroids today. If there's no change for the worse between now and tomorrow morning, I'll drive to Columbus and bring her home to continue her feedings and meds, and probably take her back sometime next week.

We seem to be all out of ideas about what's causing all of this. Maybe the best I can hope for is that she'll somehow recover without a diagnosis. If she recovers, that's what really counts.

Thanks for your continued prayers for my soul mate, my precious Princess.

My gosh how totally frustrating. Continued prayers for Princess to recover quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a monstrous roller coaster. FWIW, at this point I suspect home is the best place for her. Hugs and safe travels tomorrow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow, how frustrating! I so hope it's one of those things that will improve and that soon she'll be good as new. Have a safe drive tomorrow!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh, I just can't imagine the frustration. I agree with what others have said - she may need to feel the comfort of home. Sending continuous prayers of healing, comforting white light and unending hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hope, I am sorry but I am just now seeing this. My Subaru and I will be extremely happy to drive you to OSU to pick up your baby girl. Don't even think you need to do it alone. You helped me get the little moose to Richmond (btw, she's been off their website for 3 weeks now), this is the least I can do. I don't have anything planned this weekend. SO YOU HAD BETTER CALL ME WHEN IT IS TIME TO PICK HER UP!!!!!

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon