Princess, My Soulmate

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending good thoughts your way. Hopefully the vomiting was an isolated incident and you can resume the larger feedings.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:(

{{{{{{{{{{Princess}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She's stopped vomiting - there's nothing left to come up. But she's also stopped responding to anything except my holding her.

:(:grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We're down to my lying with her on the bed, holding her, which is the one thing she seems to want. Doing a little hydration, about 20 ml in her feeding tube 3 or 4 times an hour. She is not in any pain or distress, and I do think she would let me know. (She did this morning before she vomited.) I'm not doing any more feedings or meds at this point, and I'm not loading her in the back seat of a cold car to take her anywhere. I think she'll leave peacefully, in her own time, and then her Mom can finish falling apart.

Thanks for being there, everyone,

We're down to my lying with her on the bed, holding her, which is the one thing she seems to want. Doing a little hydration, about 20 ml in her feeding tube 3 or 4 times an hour. She is not in any pain or distress, and I do think she would let me know. (She did this morning before she vomited.) I'm not doing any more feedings or meds at this point, and I'm not loading her in the back seat of a cold car to take her anywhere. I think she'll leave peacefully, in her own time, and then her Mom can finish falling apart.

Keeping you in my thoughts, you and your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You are an awesome mom to your Princess. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry. You and Princess have been on my mind all day. I understand wanting her to remain as comfortable as possible at home. I do not want to upset you but wonder if your vet will make a home visit? I'm not sure if you would even want that. But it was an option for us and that is why I mention it.

Again, I am so very sorry. Sending hugs to you both and scritches to sweet Princess.

finalsiggy.jpg

Guest Energy11

My Goldie Girl and I are thinking about you and Princess! WE know how this bond feels. ... Goldie hold my hand at night.

We are thinking of you, and praying for you as well! Love, Dee, Goldie, Curfew, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari.

Please call your vet and see if they will make a home visit. She might not be able to tell you how horrible she feels. Being released from her sickness would be an honorable way to show how much you love her. She fought so hard but now it's time to let her fly. Hug her tight.

Hope is a physician. She's had greyhounds and other dogs, both as pets and fosters, for a long time. She's been through this before, most recently two weeks ago with Tiny who was her first greyhound. Please trust her to do what's right.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh, Hope. :cry1

No matter what happens, you can know you did everything you could for Princess. Perhaps she just wanted to be at home again, before she goes.

You're in my prayers.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

{{{{{{Hope}}}}}}

Here if you need a shoulder.