Princess, My Soulmate

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No updates since they called from OSU this morning. I'm visiting her at 11:00 tomorrow morning. Until then, I guess no news is good news.

That is very good news!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Just seeing this thread. She is in the best possible place for a diagnosis and for whatever care she will need. My prayers are with both of you. Have a safe trip and

please know that we are all thinking of you and your girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest IrskasMom

Was checking in on you and Princess.Drive safely and report back from your Visit. Thinking about you both. Special Hugs :grouphug:grouphug

Just a quick note to let you know I've been following this thread and thinking about you, just hadn't posted yet. I hope today's visit goes well and gives you a lot of quality time with your girl. Neyla was my heart so I know the anxiety you have been feeling. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Update: I spent about an hour and a half sitting on the couch in a visitor's room with Princess. She seems tireder and weaker, though she had no trouble jumping up on the couch. Maybe it's just because she doesn't have the adrenaline going from the excitement and fun of going somewhere and meeting new friends. We just sat quietly, and I stroked her and talked to her off and on.

I think they are going to scope her first, instead of starting out with more invasive surgery. They'll stop with the scope if it looks inoperable.

As I was leaving, the vet looked at me and said, I think you know this is something bad and that's why you want to be here before they put her under.

Instead of waiting for the surgeon to call in the morning, I'm heading there shortly after 6:00 so I can be there by the time they would have called to talk about what time to start surgery. My heart is breaking at the thought of loosing her, but if they scope her and say there's nothing to be done, I will say goodby to her there. So far, she hasn't been in pain or distress, and I wouldn't want what's left of her life to be lived in pain.

Again, I thank you all for your thought and prayers.

Prayers that it *is* something well fixable.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You and Princess continue to be in my thoughts. You know where to find me :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thinking of you and Princess and hoping for a good outcome.

(She might just have been tired today because of all the attention she's been getting. Pleasant as it is to the dog, it interferes with naptimes.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)