Princess, My Soulmate

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending heartfelt prayers and healing white light. Will be anxiously awaiting word. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm back home, and Princess is at OSU. Her bilirubin has gone from 6 to over 11. There's sure there's an obstruction, though they were unable to visualize the far end of the common bile duct where it empties into the duodenum. She's staying there so that they can monitor her blood work and keep her better hydrated than I can here. They'll talk to the surgeons again in the morning. Don't know if the surgery will wait until Monday, or if they'll do it Sat or Sun, either way, I'll be going back, probably tomorrow.

Princess, true to her self, is more than making the best of it. She has absolutely won everyone over, as the sweetest Greyhound and the one with the most personality they've ever met. She will have her favorite dog bed there, in a run, not a kennel. When I left, she was making up to both the staff vet and the senior vet student, and telling them she wanted to go in back again to be fussed over. At least I don't have to worry about her being stressed by staying there. Sick as she is, she's having a ball!

Now her Mom needs to feed her brothers and sisters and try to get some sleep.

OSU called a while ago. Princess is doing well. She's rehydrated and actually ate for them last night. Her numbers are a little better (probably because she's rehydrated,) and they think the surgery can be scheduled for Monday, rather than being done this weekend on emergency basis, which I think is a good thing all around.

I can't see her today (and she's having a ball there without me around.) The vet has to be there to arrange a visit, and he was leaving shortly. So I'll spend the day resting up and catching up on a few things here. I have a visit scheduled for 11:00 tomorrow morning, and they'll schedule her surgery on Monday at a time that I can get there before they start.

Very good news. Hoping Princess continues to have a good time, you get some rest, and surgery goes perfectly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many prayers and thoughts with you and your girl. She is in the best hands.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Good, they at least have a plan of attack now. Try and rest.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest IrskasMom

You and Princess has been on my Mind and in my Thoughts.As of now , I believe Princess is in the best of Hands and I Pray, pray , pray that there will be a good Outcome. Take care of yourself and give Princess some extra special Hugs.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

We like hearing positive updates. Keep 'em coming! You are still in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown