Rainey - If You Could Spare Another Prayer...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping Rainey passes everything and is home soon. You and Rainey will be in our thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending positive thoughts that the foam continues to emerge and that Rainey is able to go home soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts! :) :)

RAINEY IS HOME!!! :D

boy, she was only gone a day and a half but it's so quiet and empty when she's not here! :( and Nubers is very glad to have his sweetie back :)

she is doing very well -- the vet said she's at about an 20% chance she may block up still (moreso if she dehydrates at all), there's some still left in her intestines but most is in her colon (geesh, do we EVER stop talking about these guy's bodily functions? :lol) so the doctor said if she vomits or won't eat (yeah if THAT ever happened believe me, we'd KNOW something was very, very wrong) to get her back asap. So hopefully she just continues to pass the foam they're seeing -- she's not out of the woods yet but doing really well!

oh -- and on her discharge papers, the very last line -- in CAPS -- said:

"RAINEY IS A GREAT PATIENT!!!" :D

they absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED her! The doctor raved about her on and on, how good she was, how calm :D I guess they are doing construction right there in the ICU, and she said they took down an entire wall not 15 feet from her and Rainey literally just layed there and watched. They were all amazed how good and how calm she was! :D They had her right with them in the nurse's area, on a bed -- never even put her in a crate, they loved her so much! :) (BTW this again was Arboreteum View Animal Hospital, in Downers Grove IL if anyone is nearby and ever needs them!). I'll be working from home tomorrow to keep a close eye on her, and Wed I'm going in for minor surgery, but Bruce had put in for the day off so instead of going with me he'll stay with her :lol I'll feel a lot less stressed if he's home rather than with me :colgate:rolleyes:

thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, they sure helped our little girl!!! :)

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest GoingRogue

Still sending prayers and hoping no news is good news. Praying for foamy poo :P . Best wishes.

Never mind on the no news comment. Just saw your post after I hit post. :colgate

Edited by GoingRogue

Thank God she's home. Fingers crossed for the rest of the foam to meander on out.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So glad to hear she is home. Lets keep things moving along and out so you don't have to go back little girl....and no more eating the furniture!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Glad to see that Rainey is home. Hoping whatever is left passes uneventfully.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Just checking - out from under my rock. Poor Rainey! Don't beat yourself up over this. A long time ago, in a land far, far away there lived a couple of German Wirehaired Pointers who demolished a sofa while we were eating dinner not 20 feet away! It happens. As long as Rainey is ok - that's the important thing!

This, too, shall pass. I hope!lol.gif Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Rainey, Kim, Nuber, & Mr. Evil,

Gracie here I'm so glad that Rainey is home. I have been whinning all day just worring about my friend. I would have come up and keep everyone company if you needed me too. Mommy says she is also glad that Rainey is home.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest Lillysmom

Thank goodness she's home! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers in the hope that everything is back to normal soon!

Sending tons more love and hugs! :kiss2

:yay :yay :yay

Glad she's home and making progress. Hoping for lots of foamy poop and no more trips to the vet.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Kim, I'm so glad she's home. It's a constant worry, but the vet wouldn't have let her come home if he didn't feel she was going to be okay.

Hope you are okay, too! Good luck with your surgery.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest SusanP

I'm so glad she's home! Didn't see this in time to send good wishes when you most needed them, but I'll send them now just to be safe.