Rainey - If You Could Spare Another Prayer...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking on how Rainey is coming along. Did you have your surgery as well, Kim? Hope you guys are getting by -- if you need a relief house for a day or two, we're here.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hi guys, now with the “new” setup in the downstairs family room for Rainey (we removed the one gate that blocked the "front" of the bar, where my pc is kept), my pc can’t be out when she is alone so it isn’t as accessible as it was before (used to be up most of the time when we were home – now it’s shut down in my bag and I just don’t fire it up unless I have to work usually :() so I’m not getting on email or the internet hardly at all lately… :(

Rainey is doing ok, never has pooped any foam at all so not sure if that’s good or bad. She’s pooping like a champ otherwise (and I’m REALLY tired of poo probing :rolleyes::blink: ) so hopefully what they saw wasn’t foam or it just got digested somehow (don’t think that would really happen but what do I know). I left her, muzzled (no stool cup) on Thurs for 1.5 hours, was ok, and the same for about 4 hours yesterday, ok again. We’re just leaving a kibble-filled Kong with her on its side, not sealed -- we would put a spoonful of pumpkin and freeze it so it took her longer – but she couldn’t figure out how to eat it with the muzzle on but she can get to the kibble ok with it unsealed. I hate to have to muzzle her but at this point it’s way better than her getting sick or dying again. I hope she’s good for a while (well, FOREVER would be better), last week I just had to come up with close to $2k for my hospital bills I incurred back in May, Rainey’s was $1500, and Lord knows what the surgery will cost that I had on Wednesday. UGH.

For me I’m doing ok, the incision is HUGE, way bigger than I had expected and it hurts a lot more than I thought it would. Frankenstein's monster ain't got NUTTIN on me :lol My right eye is swollen as is my forehead (it was right in the middle of my forehead, maybe an inch above my eyes), but as the lump turned out to be cancerous I’m just glad it’s gone now. :) And thanks for the offer, Jey! :) I have a feeling they wouldn't want to come home after spending time with you and your Mom! :lol:kiss2

thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers, they worked (again!!!). I really hope I do not have to post again in H & M soon -- never again would be best! :blink::rolleyes:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Lillysmom

I'm so glad to hear that you're both doing okay, Kim! Sounds like you've had an extremely craptastic few weeks. Sending love from all of us! :heart