Rw's Dallas 12/17/98-6/26/10

StridersSis

I don't know how to write another one of these.... I was just here two months ago writing about BeBe. We lost Dallas in an unexpected fashion last night. He broke his back Right Femur and the diagnosis was probable Osteosarcoma. He slipped right in front of me, he got excited when I asked him to go for a walk and then the blood curling scream. It's still haunting me. I got him stabilized and to the E-vet. He wasn't in pain on the way there, thank god. We finally got into a room and my parents were there with me, my mom was holding his face and he kept looking for me, as soon as he saw me he sunk his face in my hands and I didn't even need the vet to tell me. I knew... Dallas told me he was tired. My world collapsed in a moment.

Dallas is a special dog. He was a champion runner who had a freak track accident that changed him forever. He became a scared, fragile dog that hid in a corner and trusted no one. He was adopted twice and returned for a multitude of reasons and I watched him come back both times. I was in high school, no more than 16 or 17 and I told my mom about this dog, this STUNNING red male that was sad and scared. I willed him to come to our house and I won, what teenager doesn't do things against their parents better judgment? :lol I was the only one he trusted, it took him over a year to leave his crate on his own and longer to trust my father. He blossomed, he was like a delicate flower that just took a while to show all it's petals, he eventually came out even when strangers came over. He was royal looking, huge, my 90lb gorgeous boy. Deep Red, dark black eye liner and HUGE marmaduke paws. He's been here through it all, high school, undergrad, law school. I joked he would live forever and that I would bring him to my law school graduation. He was a family dog, but he was always mine, we had that special bond.

He was my Dally Wally King of the Pally and he was royal. He had this goofy way of playing with toys, he was so big and the toys so small, he really reminded me of Marmaduke. He was (and still is) the face of Friends of Greyhounds. His posters and pictures are still used. He was a blood donor, and ambassador for adoption... He did it all and I loved him for all his quirks and for his goofy ways, his sweetness and his silly feet and now I feel so empty inside.

When BeBe passed away I wrote about their love affair, her so young and him well an older guy, her King. Their fairy tale ended when she passed, but now my fairy tale has ended , my King is gone and princess BeBe is gone. My only comfort comes in knowing that he is back with her, by her side forever... Both of them whole again and now age and its aches and pains are no boundary to her youth. They are living their happily ever after and now I'm left with a heart that I didn't think could stand anymore pain. I haven't mourned BeBe yet, and now I've lost him. It isn't fair, I want to scream.

When I wrote about BeBe I said that she would wait for us "Somewhere over the rainbow...." I was on a road trip last week and on my way home I saw two rainbows... One Dark and absolutely perfect and the other right next to it, faint, barely visible. I thought nothing of it at the time but, last night my best friend came over to console me (or do his best to try) and we talked about all the happy times and I mentioned rainbows being a sign and he said Kim we saw two last week... Then I thought about it, I wonder if BeBe was trying to tell me, and maybe its a silly thought.... I don't know, but I want to think that hers was the bright and shiny rainbow telling me shes ok and the faint one represented him coming to be with her, side by side for eternity and that she was going to meet him. I have some comfort knowing shes OK now, that he's there for her but selfishly I want him here, by me with her. I don't know what to say, my heart is so broken I don't even want to breathe because it hurts.

Dallas, I love you and I'll miss you every day of my life, and I'll try to only think of you running through the park, tounge flapping in the wind, roaching on your back like superman and your ears perked curious about something or pouncing on a toy with your big feet in your perfect goofy way. I'm glad you got to meet Christian (my little nephew) but I'm sorry he'll never get his Dally pony rides when he can sit up. You were the best dog I could have ever asked for and a part of me went with you last night. Find Strider and Winnie for me and let them know I miss them and love them so much. I just wish I could get that scream out of my head. I'm so sorry.... I'm just so sorry.... I feel like its all my fault. I know you'll wait for me with BeBe, somewhere over the rainbow, but please Dallas, visit me in my dreams so I know you're ok, I love you so much....

Somewhere over the rainbow...... Skies are blue......And the dreams that you dare to dream.... Really do come true.

Good night my sweet King..... I just wish I could have written you a better tribute, I'm just too broken. I will cherish our memories for a lifetime and beyond

The picture that represents our group... May his life continue to help save so many others....

dallas1.jpeg

[i

n1225552945_30235218_7890.jpg

n1225552945_30261389_5612918.jpg

For those of you who remember Strider... Dallas and Strider

n1452228795_965176_217765.jpg

Dallas and Lizzie --> Who has yet to eat since he didn't come back home

2636_1026711555353_1452228795_963796_6816799_n.jpg

26715_824053483101_5002647_46610137_3357298_n.jpg

34011_824049027031_5002647_46610047_4561709_n.jpg

35560_1318838458343_1452228795_1620135_2757330_n.jpg

Dallas and Strider sending me to my senior prom

Picture011-3.jpg

Picture402.jpg

Picture366.jpg

Picture452.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Edited by StridersSis

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Together for eternity

28332_1298224663011_1452228795_1569608_6720554_n.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

DSC04205.jpg

DSC06210.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

30814_794138972021_5002647_45543271_273898_n.jpg

Edited by StridersSis

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

{{{{{{{{{{Kim & Mom & Dad}}}}}}}}}}

That is a beautiful tribute to your amazing, special boy.

I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Kim, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Dallas. Your tribute and photos speak volumes of how much he was loved and will be missed. He and BeBe are chasing rainbows again. He is forever in your heart. 1d552af7.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Oh Kim, I'm so terribly sorry. We spent a lot of time in the kennel this morning talking about Dallas and how his beautiful face is always going to be such an intregal part of FoG. I know your heart is broken with the loss of both of these precious pups. I hope it heals well and whole with all the wonderful memories of both BeBe and your beloved Dallas..

L.

Running2520rainbow2520bridge.gif

Edited by rycezmom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was a handsome and special boy, and he was fortunate to have found you.

Godspeed Dallas.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss. The tribute you wrote to your handsome boy brought tears to my eyes.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh, Kim, I am so, so sorry. Dallas was a beautiful boy, and a beautiful soul. I'm so sorry you've had to let two go so close together, I can't imagine. I'm here for you. :grouphug :grouphug

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

Oh Kim, my heart is so full after reading this tribute - it is so beautiful, honest, raw, and heartfelt. I can't stop crying because I know that you shared a deep connection. I understand why you feel somehow this is your fault - I would be feeling the same way - but it wasn't at all. And you were there for him at his most difficult time, and he was so comforted by you being there with him. I know you're hurting and I wish I had the right words to make you not hurt so much. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

:cry1 Oh Kimmie, I'm so sorry! What a special tribute for a very special hound :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest BlackandBrindle

I have no words that will make any of this easier to bear. Please just know that my heart is broken for you. I am so incredibly sorry. :grouphug :grouphug

I am so sorry Dallas had to leave you...it was a beautiful tribute to him.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very very Sorry!!!!!!! You can see the Special Bond and your tribute is Beautiful!!!! But I too beleive we will see them again on the other side of the bridge!!!!!! :bighug:f_white:f_pink

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter