Loca, Aka Reko Swahili

robinw

It's been a year since my crazy Loquita Loca passed away. I miss that little dog so much. She should have been with me forever.

LocaMA-1.jpg

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest hannahmom

She was a beautiful girl; full of mischief and love. Everyone who met her, and many who lived with her through your stories, miss her happy little face.

:bighug

I wish I could have met the crazy girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'll never forget that time you guys were here and you told me that just closing the door may not be enough if there's a small animal inside lol.

Last year we lost so many dogs that had a place in my heart. Loca was one of them. I'm sure she's at the bridge with all our angels, getting into all sorts of trouble there, and teaching some new tricks to all the bridgekids.

:grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Everybody, including me, tends to remember Loca for her crazyness. Today I am also remembering how very perfectly sweet she was -- the best bed buddy ever, the gentlest sleekest greyhound to pet ......

She did so much for broodies everywhere. Many of us imagined that an 8 year old brood would be elderly, slow, without personality .... You showed us, didn't you, Loca?

I would say "rest well," but I know that wherever she is -- in our hearts, over the bridge -- she is making contradictions and stirring things up, just because.

Unforgettable, forever.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry I never got to meet Loca. From your stories, I'm sure the Rainbow Bridge is not the same place since she's there. There are some losses that we never quite get over, and I know that Loca's loss is one of those for you.

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 Robin :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

GT still seems quiet without her...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

It's not just the silly Loca I remember, it's how much her mom loves her that I remember most.:grouphug

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss Robin. I never met Loca, but it's obvious that she was very much loved by all that did. That is a gorgeous photo of her too.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Yep, I knew this day was coming. Silly, sweet little Loca, I miss the nose rubs under my coat more than I ever thought possible. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh Robin....You know that Miss Loca sent Miss Treasure to you to keep you out of trouble! And to keep you from being lonely for her. When Treasure gets into mischief, its because Miss Loca has whispered in her ear, instigating and encouraging the silliness. I have also had visions of Miss Loca in a doggie thong doing table dances much to the delight of the boys at the bridge. Besides Robin, you and I both know that they are never really gone. They are nestled there, right where they are suppose to be, in the middle of our heart.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest 2greygirls

Hugs to you , Robin, while I never got to meet Loca in person. Many may remember that its was Loca and Leda who secretly ruled the universe. I am sure they are up to no good at the bridge with Marble, Leda's first general, enforcing.

Send your momma a sign today, Miss Loca, and say hello to my two girls!

:grouphug