Lexi Is Fighting For Her Life:(

Guest greyvettech

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers for Lexi and for you:hope :hope:hope

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest runner615
Checking in to see how your sweet girl is doing today.

Me, too. Hope Lexi (and you) had a good night and she's feeling stronger than yesterday. :)

Thinking of Lexi. Any news? I hope she is showing some improvement today. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyvettech
So this was caused by the vaccines or the raw food she was fed or a combo of the same? I'm confused.

How frightening! I can't imagine. Glad you work for a vet who's obviously so helpful and were able to contact OSU as well!

No she gets fed kibble. When she did eat raw food (7 years ago) she obtained e-coli in her GI tract. Her body thought this was a normal flora. After she received the vaccines, it sent her immune system crazy and then recognized the e-coli as an enemy and the e-coli took havic on her body-first by causing thyrombocytopenia and secondary liver and kidney failure... (cannot explain why this hasn't happened with previous vaccines) she is older now and her immune system is not as strong... I was told this is vary rare..but it's basically what happend to a person if they eat e-coli contaminated meat.. It is so odd this would happen...

Thank god !!!!!! she has kept food and water down- she will only eat certain things, but this is OK...... she still has so much adema:( and she seems a little uncomfortable at times. Since she can keep stuff down now we are starting her on azodyl supplement for her kidneys.... I just hope and pray she continues to improve...I know there is a chance she could regress.... Thank you guys so much for all the wishes. You are greyt:)

Guest Energy11

Glad the hear she is keeping stuff down. The edema should subside, once the the kidneys and liver gets functioning again.

Keep up the good work with her! I KNOW from experience, it is hard taking care of your own, believe me, I know!

Love and hugs from Dee and My Five!

Just catching up on this now. All my good thoughts and prayers are going to you and Lexi. What a frightening diagnosis and symptoms. It sounds like there has been some improvement and we'll all be sending our hopes that your girl continues to heal. :hope :hope :candle :candle

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy